Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top O' The Morning To Ya'll!

How did you like my southern/Irish accent this morning?

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Are you wearing green?

I am going to join in the St. Patty's Day fun by joining JanMary's carnival today. 

JanMary is perhaps my only international reader. And is a reminder to me of why I love blogging so much. I love getting to peek into her world which is so very far away, and yet just within the click of my mouse. She has a joyful spirit and has many talents!

Even if you aren't participating in the carnival I would encourage you to click over to her site. I learned a lot about how St. Patricks Day is a total different creature here in America.

For my part of the carnival I am going to share my little piece of Ireland today. Afterall, as they say in Dublin, "Everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day." I for one, couldn't be prouder! I am wearing my green and hope to make some sort of green cookie or cake to go with dinner tonight! 

Pictured below is my "Pure Irish Linen". Of course after reading JanMary's post today, it could be as "pure" as Lucky Charms Cereal, but I still believe!

I received this for my fifteenth birthday from my history teacher. (I have know idea why, but I have this uncanny ability to remember almost every giver of the gifts I have received. I can't remember to put gas in the car, but at least I can remember something!)

I keep my Pure Irish Linen in my box of things I treasure. I just love its simplicity, and back in those days of teenage-hood I was amazed that I had something from so far away. Still amazed, to be honest with you! 

Hope y'all have a great day!

***If you think about it, say a prayer for my Mom. She is having surgery tomorrow to remove her thyroid. I am certain she is going to do great, but a prayer for peace would be perfect. Both for her and my Dad (who isn't too keen on hospitals. At all!) 

****Here is a random picture that my kids wanted me to post for their Grannie. They wanted her (and now you) to see how cute Sophie looks, listening to Lewis and Clarks Expedition across America. That is where she has been perched lately as we read our history together. 
I did not really want to post this picture, seeing as this was the day I got up, worked out, showered and put my pj's back on. It had been raining for several days and I was protesting by not wearing make-up. Also, you can see how organized my desk is behind me. I can assure you that I know exactly where everything is as I sit at that desk each day. It is organized chaos. I swear.

La Vida Dulce!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patty's Day to you too :-)!! I am wearing my green and loving my heritage. Sophie looks to cute! Gotta love the put the pjs back on days :-)

Anonymous said...

Praying for your mom. My mother -in-law had that same surgery back in January and came through it like a champ.

I think that is a great picture of you, you look comfy

Have a great St Patty's Day!

Tiffani said...

girl, organized chaos is my mantra for living!!!

Soph is too cute...and at least she's still. Sugar has been soooo ROWDY lately..

I don't know that I own anything Irish...although I love Irish things/history...so, I'll look forward to checking out JanMary's blog.

And no, I'm not wearing green. BUT, my eyes are green...does that count??!! ;)

Carpool Queen said...

How do you keep your linen so white? I'm having a "Hints from Heloise" moment. My linen towels I inherited from my grandmother are not pristine. They're more like Listerine.

Unknown said...

Praying for your mum.

Thanks for joining in. Happy St Patrick's Day.

Anonymous said...

One of the benefits of homeschooling: no need to get dressed (and create more laundry) to pick the kids up from school.

Happy St. Patty's day! If your green cookie/cake idea falters, go to allrecipes.com and search for watergate salad. Yummy. And easy. And green! (No mayo!)

Unknown said...

I'm over from Janmary's. I really hope your mum's surgery goes well.

Have a happy St Patrick's Day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to JanMary's! How fun is that!

I'll pray for you mom. I'm well-practiced in prayers for parents these days.

Lori said...

I'll be praying for your mom and hope that she has a smooth recovery! :)

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I am wearing green but it had more to do with the fact that my green shirt was on the top of the stack of clean laundry. LOL.

Carla said...

Happy St Paddy's day to you too!!

Megan O. said...

You are such a natural beauty and my desk looks pretty much the same.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, PJs sound like a good idea. Just stopping by for a visit via Jan's carnival. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

jen said...

That picture completely sums up what I love about homeschooling...well, that and being the art teacher!! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love your Irish Linen! I actually think I have something similar...I must remember to look for that tomorrow.

How's your mom? (I'm sorry I'm just now reading this.)

And I love that you posted that picture of yourself. You're beautiful!