Sometimes I feel like I write about stuff on this blog with the intention of coming back and giving you an update. Then time marches on, or I get distracted by a bright shiny object, and I forget.
So here is an update, and a few random things I wanted to tell you:
- My mom made it through her surgery on Wednesday with flying colors. You could still pray for her if you think of it because now she will have to go through the process of trying to figure out how to live without her thyroid. People do it every day, but finding just the right amount of medication that she needs will be a process. She is ready to feel better.
- Her surgery day proved to be a very difficult day for me. I have often missed being home on a holiday or special day. But not being able to be there when she went in for surgery was tough. My mom and I have had a close mother/daughter relationship. There have been times, here and there, when we have had our moments, you know, back in that days before I had children and thought she didn’t really know much. Somehow, after I had children all the stupid things she did when I was a kid, suddenly seemed amazingly smart…Who knew! (obviously not me) What I am saying is that my mom and I talk on a daily basis. Having a 24 hour period in which I couldn’t communicate with her (whether it was to tell her that I found a cute pair of shoes, or that one of her precious grandchildren just brought a wild reptile in the house) made me remember that when God was passing out Mothers on the day I was born, He gave me a good one.
- I forgot to tell you that The Girl was at a horse riding lesson two weeks ago and had a little mishap. The horse she was riding stepped into a hornets nest and proceeded to go wild as the hornets stung her (the horse's) face and rump. The Girl managed to hold on for dear life, but it was definitely a “learning experience.”
- Speaking of learning experiences, I have decided that I am going to paint my kitchen cabinets white. The Mister has also told me that I can purchase the sink and faucet I want (I am nothing if not s-p-o-i-l-e-d), so that project will be started the first day of summer vacation. Anyone wanna help?
- Why is it that when it isn’t convenient to me I can think of a hundred thing I want to post, but when I am here, sitting quietly in The Nest, my mind suddenly goes blank?
- I get to meet the Carpoolqueen this week! I am very excited and wondering what I should wear? This really is an important decision, because before we dive into a cup of coffee and talk about the perils of life beyond the computer, I want her to know I do actually wear things other than my pajama’s.
- Although wouldn’t it be funny if I met her in my PJ’s?
OK I should wrap this up.