Thursday, January 31, 2008

On Giving Advice

Learn from my mistakes.

Never, under any circumstances, get lured in by the pre-packaged sushi in the deli of your super market. (Unless we are talking Central Market where they prepare it right there!)

I should have been suspicious of the Sell-By date of February 12. I also should have come to my senses with the $6.95 price tag. But y'all, it's been a tough week, and I have sick kids, and I needed me a California roll!!!!

They are the most vial thing I have eaten, and paid seven bucks for...

And I am half Hispanic, and we Hispanics can eat some weird stuff.

I forced myself to eat two pieces, but the other seven got tossed.

I swear to you that there was mayonnaise in the rice to hold it together. DIS-GUST-ING!

Just thought I would let you know.

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Ugh, mayonnaise? That's just wrong. Sorry!

I learned from a mistake today too. Never shovel snow from your sidewalk before noon. Unless you want the snow plow to drive by and re-cover said sidewalk within the hour.

Must be a day to learn things the hard way.

Anonymous said...

Mayonnaise is a very common ingredient in sushi, didn't you know? Some really fine sushi doesn't even use rice, just slathers on the mayo.

Seriously, GAG! I do feel rather fortunate to be able to purchase my $7 sushi at CM - without mayo.

meh said...

Oh NO!!!! Not Mayonnaise!!!! AAGH!!!!! You poor thing! Hey in Brazil they put mayonnaise on top of their lasagna, so it could be worse.