Monday, January 07, 2008

As Promised


This weekend I whipped up another blanket. Mitered corners and all. They aren't as horrible as I anticipated them being, and since there are four corners on one blanket, they get better with practice.

I forgot to get The Mister to take a picture of me wearing K2's contest prize, but the day I finished it my niece was here and I made her be my model so I could get a good picture. She is a long, lanky child, and this apron is made for an adult shaped like me (who has birthed two very large children). You cannot see the pink sides of the apron that wrap around. Which is why I included the last picture of the apron laying flat on my bed.

I was inspired by an apron that was made from two dish towels, but I wanted it to be longer, so I came up with a pattern using four. There are a few things that I will do to "tweak" my pattern, but all in all, I think it came out all right. I am also working on a bunch of other Valentine's Aprons. I have set up an on-line shop and will be placing a few aprons for sale (both for adults and kiddos) in the coming weeks. For those of you who have emailed me in the last month or two and asked about buying aprons and blankets and such, I will let you know when the shop is up and running.

Today was the first day back to "normal-hood". I went to the gym for the first time in 15 days. It wasn't has hard as I thought it would be, but then again, I didn't lift as heavy as I usually do either.

After my workout it was back to Monday mornings at the office, where my Mom eased me back to work by only assigning a small handful of things in which to administratively assist (since my title is administrative assistant, a fancy work for secretary).

My Dad made me the loveliest avacado sandwhich for lunch, made just the way I like it: avocado, lettuce, tomato, 7 grain bread, mustard (no mayo!), and a quick dash of Lawry's seasoning salt.

All in all, a good Back-To-The-Routine kind of Monday.

4 comments:

Megan O. said...

I love that apron--I'm so impressed that you're setting up an online shop. So great for you! You seem to stay so balanced in your life--eating right and working out, working outside the home, taking care of your family, and making such great projects too. I'd love to pick your brain on how you stay on top of it all!

Unknown said...

You know it's not something I learned to do all at once! And there is much that I don't do well! And of course, blogging is good because I only have to write those things in life that I can do well!

You are welcome to pick my brain anytime! I may not have any advice that can help you, but I like to encourage other Mom's/Homemakers. Because it isn't easy!

Your comment also formed a post in my head so I may post about it too!

C D said...

re: admin assist -- you have to work your way up to "Office Diva" ;-)

Great chatting w/ you 2-nite!

x

Lisa said...

You make such beautiful things. The blanket is so sweet; such a necessity!!