Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stuff

Kona says, Happy New Year. Although she's not real thrilled to be wearing the ribbon. The Girl thought she needed to have some ribbons since we are allowing her to wear long hair during the winter. Kona prefers long hair, but until she learns how to sweep, she'll have to be happy to keep her long tresses for just the winter month. And yes, I mean month. Singular.

Here is another picture of her looking very stately, and alot less annoyed. The Girl loves this dog. So much so that sometimes it's painful. For the dog, not The Girl.

I have several things in the works right now. Mostly aprons that I wrote about yesterday. Unfortunately, it is Science Fair time and so all of a sudden my best-laid-plans are all being set aside as we try to figure out (using the scientific method) if vinegar will kill plants. I am not sure that we will be able to get a good outcome at all.

Can I tell you a secret?

I am a plant killer. I have tried, and tried, but I just can't do it.

I can feed and water my children and so far, so good. But don't give me a plant, cuz it's a guaranteed goner. I hope my black thumb doesn't skew our scientific method.

But I digress...just when I thought that we were down to the easy part of the science project The Girl came home with news that she has to do one too. Which is fine, it just means that I have to lay aside some of my own stuff for another little bit because I keep having to run into town to buy supplies (which eats a lot of my sewing time). This, my friends, is what you call Motherhood. If it's not one thing it's another. You think that when you stop breastfeeding at 12 months you will have all sorts of free time, and then Whammo! they are coming home with science projects. Well, you know what I mean.

So my little projects for etsy are coming along, but it may be the weekend before I am totally up and running. Here is a little preview:


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You named your dog after a kind of coffee.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that when I leave a comment people can't click on me anymore? Stupid TypePad.

Unknown said...

Yes. I named her after a delicious type of coffee. When we brought her home from the pound she was a cute little fuzzy ball of coffee colored fur. Actually her full name is Kona Coffee Cafe (and then our last name). When she is in trouble we call her by all four names.

Lisa said...

Cute doggies! And the aprons are great---my son, who is into being a chef, would love the kid apron!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Your aprons are adorable! You are so very talented! You know, my daughter LOVES wearing the tulle skirt that I won from you. She asks to wear it to school almost every day.

I can testify that vinegar kills weeds. I put it in a spray bottle and spray mine every few weeks in the summer. It works for me, but it didn't work for my friend, so I'm curious as to what your scientific experiment reveals. You'll have to let me know.

Anonymous said...

Okay, aprons are WAY cute. I need to get a couple for M - for painting and for cooking . . .

What a smelly project. I think I'm going to have to call PETP. (people for the ethical treatment of plants). on the science teacher, not your black thumb. :)

DebbieD said...

Lady, you are brilliant. :)

I was searching the internet for a ballet skirt pattern and happened upon your site.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about you and your family (dawg included) And wish you all the best in the coming year.

DebbieD said...

Lady, you are brilliant. :)

I was searching the internet for a ballet skirt pattern and happened upon your site.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about you and your family (dawg included) And wish you all the best in the coming year.

Unknown said...

debd,

I have been called a lot of things, but never "brilliant"! You made my day!

So glad you found the ballet skirt pattern, I hope you have a great time making the skirt. Let me know how it goes!

kellie