Thursday, January 31, 2008

If You Can't Beat Em....

This morning I have officially joined the club of many Mom's across the internet, the country, and across the street. I have joined the Mom's of Children At Home with Fever's Club.

Luckily, I have been given a Two-for-One pass. Both The Boy and The Girl came home yesterday looking puny and sniffly, and this morning they are lying on the couch, in nests (quilts and blankets that we arrange for maximum comfort), drinking cocoa and watching TV.

I know they are sick when they are willing to watch Clifford the Big Red Dog on PBS. We don't have cable and nothing else is on at 6:30 in the morning. They are well beyond the PBS age, but when you're sick, who cares?

You better believe that I will be taking two Zippy Zoo's, a zinc, and a vitamin C, with my bowl of cereal this morning.

I better explain the Zippy Zoo's...The Mister had gone out to the Target to buy a few items about 8 months ago. He was concerned about our kids not getting enough vitamins and minerals in their daily food intake. Target had their huge, 300 count, Zippy Zoo's (generic version of Flintstone's) on a BOGO sale. They aren't sweetened with aspartame (we are one of those weird parents who don't let our kids eat fake sugar), so he stocked up. Of course, the kids hated them because they taste like, well, vitamins. When I ran out of my normal daily vitamin I decided to use what we had before buying more. Hence the Zippy Zoo's.

I had plans to run some errands today, but I guess this day at home will force me to pay some attention to a task I have been avoiding for weeks: filing.

I have a pile of paperwork about a foot and a half tall that must be filed. I don't know why I put this off. It's not hard, nor does it take much thought or energy, but I have avoided it for far too long.

OK...last on the agenda. Have y'all tried the Wheat Thins with Cinnamon yet?

You may remember my post about my favorite lunch/snack/dinner.

Well, my friends, it's about to get better. When I heard about my favorite cracker being treated with cinnamon, I was skeptical. I had tried the Tomato Herb flavored Wheat Thins, and I thought they were awful.

However, the Cinnamon option is amazingly delicious. Normally I have no problem sticking with a small portion of Wheat Thins, but I will have to be sure to not eat the Cinnamon flavored ones right out of the box...because they are amazingly addictive!

All right, I need to take off the Blogger Hat, and go put on my Nurses Hat, then it's the Filer's Hat, and I am sure the Cooks Hat, then the Maids Hat, and then maybe, just maybe, I can put on my seamstress apron and go do something fun!

I hope y'all have a great Thursday.

To my Fellow Club Members out there...Hang in there! This too shall pass!

5 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh, Kellie...so sorry your kids are sick. You've had a rough week in that regard, huh?

Guess what? I don't let my kids eat fake sugar either. And I try to avoid high fructose corn syrup too. Oh, and we don't have cable either! But my kids will tolerate PBS kids if they have to. So funny!

Hope you get all your stuff done today...and even find some time to play!

meh said...

I hate filing also. Thanks alot for reminding me of that little task...so I am just going to suck it up and get mine done today since misery loves company!!

Lara said...

I'm just hoping you don't join the fever so high we think we are fictional book characters club that we joined this week!

Megan O. said...

Sorry to hear your kids are sick. Are you feeling better? Hope so!

Unknown said...

Did you take your Zippy ZOO?! I hope you feel better!