Sunday, August 24, 2008

True-ism: Thankfulness - 1 Chronicles 16:34

1 Chronicles 16:34


Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His love endures forever.

Thank you Father for my eyes that see, my ears that hear, my legs that dance, my arms that hug, and my heart that beats for you!

~~~~~

OK True Campaigners, today wraps up eight full weeks of focusing on the Truth! Thank you for reading my thoughts each week. The True Campaign and the True-ism's are a starting point for re-directing the way we think about who we truly are!

These last eight weeks have been such a labor of love for me. It has been difficult to write these deeply personal thoughts and put them out in such a visible forum. And yet, writing these thoughts out has been a great way for me to work out issues that are still such a big part of my life. 

My hope was to influence those who read my blog to seek Truth, but God knew that these issues are still ones I desperately needed to work on. Although I am leaps and bounds away from sickly behavior and unhealthy trends, I still must constantly be aware of the "snare that traps" (Josh 23:13) I wish I could tell you in detail the things the Lord has taught me through these True-isms. But there isn't enough time, and some things are best left unsaid.

However, no one needed these last eight weeks of True-isms more than me. 

God has so graciously made up for the years the locusts had eaten (Joel 2:25), and not just due to the body issues, but also with other issues in my life.  These truths makes me ultra-aware that I am nothing, if not dependent on God and who He says I am! His love truly endures for ever! 

I am thankful that I am healthy and well; That I have a body that is strong; That I can exercise and enjoy fitness without being obsessive. 

I am thankful that I can go to dinner with friends and family without being consumed with what I will order, and whether or not that will change the numbers on the scale.

I am thankful that those "number" do not govern my thoughts and days anymore.

I am thankful that I have a husband who loves me unconditionally; has endured being late because I couldn't decide what to wear, and has lovingly and consistently redirected my thoughts when confronted with the "Do I look fat in this outfit" question.  

I am thankful that I can truly live life, when I am focused on God and His truth! And, finally I am thankful that God has made it that I must remain humble and dependent upon Him, lest I find myself back in that eating disordered trap. 

Although this ends the weekly posts on True-ism, I am certain this isn't the last time you will hear about True Campaign on this blog. I have a few things in mind that I will post in the weeks and months ahead, including a post scheduled for sometime in October from The Mister's perspective, because eating issues are not private matters, they greatly interrupt the lives of those we are closest to as well.

I would love to hear from you. Did you sign up for the True Campaign even though you weren't sure you wanted to? Do you have any questions? Have the True-isms brought you to a place where you are seeing God's truth more than ever? What are you giving thanks for? 

La Vida Dulce!

6 comments:

Rae said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have so enjoyed reading your True-ism's every week. I know I have not commented on many of them but have been able to glean so much from each one and go through the week pondering what I have read.

I did sign up for the True Campaign. I think it is simply wonderful. Also, I have so enjoyed the book I won from your blog! Its truths and insights have caused me to pause, ponder and pray. I have such a long way to go but am grateful to my Savior for His constant love and guidance!

Tiffani said...

I echo Rae's "thank you's"...I am so thankful for your willingness to put such personal/deep thoughts on such tender subjects. I am trusting the Lord to give me discipline to be active and healthy, that minutes of my exercise aren't binding...that no matter how long I walk/run, do pilates, etc. even 10 minutes a day is better than nothing and I FEEL better...even though my "routine" isn't like so and so's...I'm doing what works for me. I love how these True-isms remind us that we ALWAYS need our Savior and the beauty we find from Him, that we'll never be made perfect in our own strength and struggle for beauty...and that translates, as you said, into many other places in our lives outside of body/beauty issues...thank you for your courage, Kellie, and we'll continue to pray together that we'll see ourselves as He sees us--"the apple of his eye" (Ps. 17:8)!

TJ Wilson said...

Kel - you are PRECIOUS. talked about you today in a young marrieds class at church, encouraging them to pray tog every morning. still picture D bringing your coffee.
I love that you love TRUTH, you encourage me sister!

Jackie said...

I have so enjoyed reading every single post that you have done on this subject. I know sometimes it is hard being so vulnerable and honest, but isn't it awesome how the Lord ends up using it to further heal us? Thank you, Kellie, it has been incredible, and I hope that you do continue to talk about it.

Anonymous said...

Kellie,

Thank you for completing this project! Sometimes, when designing a tool like the Truisms its easy to think that that people will think, "Oh, those are cute" but not really put them to use. Thank you for reminding me that our work is making a difference in the lives of real women!

Travis Stewart
The True Campaign

Carrie and Jim said...

Kellie, Thanks for doing this study. Your blog is my favorite, your words and motives are pure and love for God is very visible. You inspire me to be a better person. Thank you for taking the time to share your heart with us.