Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Baby" Brother

My cousin Alyssa took this picture of me and my youngest brother Dan while we were dancing together at the wedding.


Everybody likes Dan. 

Including me.

He is one of those guys that is super easy to hang out with and be yourself.

I was six years older than Dan, so by the time he was old enough to be interesting I was onto other things.  When he reached high school, I had already married, moved away and started a family. 

It's fun getting to know him as an adult. 

I love this picture because we're having fun, which isn't hard to do when you hang out with him. 

We have always had one of those relationships that is heavy with sibling teasing. I basically talk big-sister smack, and then runaway! Because unlike those years when he was a kid, he can now get me in a head lock, or thrown me over a shoulder, or pin me down with one hand.  But I still think I'm faster, so running is the best option. Of course, I could just quit picking on him, but what fun is that?

So, that's my "baby" brother. 

Thanks for the picture Alyssa!

La Vida Dulce!

9 comments:

Heather said...

So sweet--my little brother is 4 years younger and my baby brother is 18--he is just NOW 16 and we are having more of an adult to adult relationship. Very fun. My other brother relationship is very like the one you describe.

Mrs. Moofish said...

That's the hard part about being the baby--there was never a time I could get the best of my big brother! But, don't tell him I said that! It's not something a little sister is supposed to admit! Oh, right, he reads your blog doesn't he? Oh, well!
Dana

Carrie and Jim said...

I always wished for a brother but got a little sister instead. I'm blessed and can't complain. Nice photo.

Lindsay said...

O that is very fun to get to know your baby brother as an adult! That picture is great of the two of you :-)

Jackie said...

There is something special about brother-sister relationships. All 3 of my brothers live far away, and I always wish I could see them more often. You all look like you have so much fun together!

Chel said...

I'm seven years older than my little brother, so I understand. He and I didn't become close until we both got older and were able to approach one another more as equals. And, like you, my little brother in way bigger than me. :)

Rachel said...

Aww -- what a sweet picture.

And, definitely -- handling rodents SHOULD be in the vows!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me so much of my "little" brother who is 5 years younger, but towers over me by almost a foot. My kids laugh when I call him my little brother and say, "But he's bigger than you!" My brother has always been the big teaser in the family and now his 12 year old son is exactly like him. When the two of them get together and start in the whole family runs for cover.
Great pic. Thanks for sharing.

Beth Cotell said...

Awww.So sweet! Little brothers are nice to have!