Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thirteen on the Thirteenth


To The Mister,


I loved this day, 13 days ago. When we chose to spend a life time together. When we knew everything there was to know. When we had this life figured out. When we had our plans, neatly laid out in a timeline, written in our own hand. When I couldn't drive the rental car on our honeymoon because I wasn't old enough...

I loved this day, that came so slowly, and was over all too soon.

I have loved every minute of the last 4,478 days. Even those days when our time-line goals were never met. When we realized we had figured the wrong things out. When we understood that we didn't know as much as we thought. When we realized God was in control. In control of our lives, our marriage, our kids. In control of our future. That His plan was not only better, but it was good. It was right. Even when it sometimes hasn't felt that way.

Thank you for being a helpmeet and friend. For spoiling me mercilessly, and loving me well.  I wouldn't want to live through this life's ups and downs with anyone other than you.

Happy 13th, my love.

Kellie


Mrs. Moofish: Maid of Honor (The Mister's Sister. I just love saying that!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AW! So sweet.

Happy Anniversary Kellie and the Mister! Here's to many many many more.

Oh, and all good lessons to have learned by the way.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Very, very sweet!

So, how old were you when you got married??? I was 20, and we honeymooned in Boston. Cheers was a popular sitcom at the time, and we wanted to visit the original Cheers bar, but I was underage and not allowed in. Funny, huh?

The Buntens said...

Oh, so sweet! Happy Anniversary! Mine is this month, too!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary. (late, I know) AND I love how you are still in love after 13 years!!!