Monday, May 19, 2008

Dorkarella

Oh y'all...


I was getting together some packages to put in the mail this morning and you won't believe what I have done!!!

You may remember a few weeks ago I was working on these:


Handmade blankets for two new babies...

Well, I went to go look up the address for the pink blanket baby and it turns out her name isn't Hannah Joy, but Hannah Jane.

Where in the world did I come up with Joy??? 

So now I will be ripping, ripping, ripping in an effort to fix my gigantic mistake.

I called The Mister at work because I was so distraught over my mistake, and he, in an attempt to lighten the mood, suggested that I might call Hannah Jane's sweet parents and ask if it would be too late change her middle name.

I have to admit, I laughed, but only because it's better than crying!

As coined by The Girl, I feel like such a "Dorkarella".

4 comments:

Beth said...

Kellie!! Send it the way it is--stop ripping right now! ;-) I love the name Joy and it would be a fun memory for Hannah when she's older and looks at her blanket "remember when our friend Miss Kellie embroidered your middle name wrong?" :-) P.S. the husband is laughing at me now b/c he thinks this comment is like rubbing salt in your wounds--but I'm really just trying to be funny. . .

Unknown said...

You are so sweet! And if your serious I might just add: Or Jane... to the end of it! :)

kellie

Anonymous said...

I like the "Or Jane" idea. Too cute.

I do stuff like that all the time and it makes me just want to kick my own butt for being such a... well, such a dorkarella.

meh said...

Hey chick, there is something wrong with the link for Mrs. Moofish in your blogs you read thing. I think a comma. Just knew you would want to know. Have a good day!!