Monday, May 05, 2008

Ditto

I had planned to write about how this week is a crazy mess of field trips, Teacher Appreciation, and home-life craziness, but Mer did such a fine job on her blog this morning, that I thought I would say: 


Ditto.

Can I also add that The Boy and The Girl are so ready for school to be over, they are almost delirious. 

My two children, who have been like clock work in the getting-ready-for-school-routine, have become   s...o...   v.....e...r....y....  s....l....o....w.....    

They are like slugs when I wake them up. They aren't keeping on task. It starts with breakfast when they want to talk and laugh and play instead of sleepily eating in dark quiet (although The Girl doesn't stay silent long...Ever.) This makes for a very long breakfast.  

I did feel a little mean this morning when I walked into the kitchen and said, "There won't be anymore laughing or talking at breakfast. You guys are taking way too long. You are going to be late." 

They both looked at me in confusion with there big brown eyes and said, "What?" 

Then they started laughing. As if that was the funniest thing I had said all year.

Summer...how we long for your arrival.

5 comments:

Blue Skies said...

My friend and I were just talking about this topic this morning. June can't come soon enough for us! My favorite part will be escaping making lunches every morning!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yep...I ditto the sluggish morning routine and not being able to stay on task.

Lucky for me we have 13 more school days left. I LOVE summer and it can't get here soon enough!

Seriously, my head is spinning this week! There is SO much going on that I'm just moving along hour-to-hour!

Hang in there!

meh said...

I love your kids!! They make me laugh long distance!!

Chel said...

Oh, my gosh, we're aching for summer break! I hate fourth grade homework more and more each day.

Becky in East Texas said...

Ditto to your ditto! I was just thinking the same exact thing today!!