Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Confession



I haven't actually been home for the last 4 days.

On Saturday morning The Mister and I whisked away to a cabin in the White Mountains to celebrate Mom's Day and our Anniversary.  I had read about these great cabins on the internet. Luckily the picture above wasn't it!  That old cabin and outhouse was across the street from our cabin (pictured below!). 

I was so glad that Blogger had recently added the much needed pre-schedule posting option, it came at just the right time.  I also want to thank Mrs. Moofish, for managing comments for me. I was very concerned that someone would be watching for spammers (and I am also trying to convince her that she needs a blog.)

Anyway, I want to leave you with a few pictures while I take today to unpack, spend time with The Mister while the kids are back in school, and TO CATCH ON UP ON YOUR BLOGS!

People!  You are some crazy bloggin' buddies. I will be reading for a good. long. time. But it will be nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all have been up to. Although one of you has been busy, with a whopping 11 posts in four days!  I am grateful for Bloglines!


Let me just say that it was a lovely, lovely weekend. With togetherness, wild animal, hiking and coffee.

Lots and lots of coffee.

La Vida Dulce!

7 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

So glad you could get away with your husband...that is such a gift!

I LOVE the new scheduled posting feature on Blogger! I've already used it a few times myself.

Hope you're feeling back in the swing of things soon. How brave of you to take off for a few days during the last few weeks of school. It is CRAZY around here for me these days.

Anonymous said...

Such a nice gift! What I wouldn't do to get away for a while.....
Glad you were able to have some R and R.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen this site? People confess their sins online, anonymously! http://iconfessmyself.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad I could help! That cabin is gorgeous!! The second one, of course! It looks so peaceful.

Blue Skies said...

My grandmother had a cabin in the white mountains for many years - her parents went before she did and she still goes up there, at age 80, every summer. She no longer has the cabin but a little 5th wheel trailer. I have SO many fond memories of visiting her there in the summer. I'm so glad you got away with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfectly serene weekend. I could *so* use one of those! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

oh, that sounds fantabulous. happy anniversary!