Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't Panic...

But...

This morning while going through the Morning Grooming Ritual I was faced with a very real, and very scary, reality.

You might want to sit down.

Are you ready?

Oh, hold on I need to compose myself...

OK, I think I can type it now.

I just found a gray hair, on my left eyebrow.

My eyebrow, y'all, my EYEBROW!!!!

As if chin hairs and dry skin patches weren't enough.

What in the world will come next?

Before you know it I will be blogging about hot flashes and fiber drinks.

Or wait, I think I decided to keep those things secret...never mind.

I went ahead and plucked that silver strand, but pul-ease! let's hope that this mornings event was a weird, one-haired fluke.

It could be.

Right?

8 comments:

C D said...

Having 5 years on you -- this is just the beginning... soon the chin hairs will be gray/silver too (they think they can hide!)

I remember having the same reaction when I discovered MY first eyebrow gray.

ack. Welcome to *t h a t* world.

you have to add http://bigmama1.com/
to your required blog reading -- she's a HOOT ;-)

x
me

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Thanks for coming by my blog. I live in Phoenix for the last 10 HOT years. It's taken awhile to get use to but Ithink we are getting there.
Debbie aka The Real World Martha(S)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, girl. Got 'em too. It just gets less pretty as we go along.

meh said...

To quote:

Oh, honey, has it really been that hard a year for you?!

End quote!!

Sound familiar? Hee Hee!

Becky said...

haha i may be older but you look older....

leigh said...

I have to laugh. I have one that rears it's ugly head too. It's LONGER than the rest of them and hurts really badly to pluck. It reminds me of my father's eyebrows. OH NO!

TJ Wilson said...

Good thing you're focusing on that memory verse this week.. may we all feel the Lord's comfort with these new signs of not being 29 anymore!

Anonymous said...

It happens. Pluck happily and move along (hopefully happily).