Monday, May 22, 2006

Sugar Hangover

I can hardly believe that it has been 6 days since I last posted. For some reason in my head it had only been about 3!

Perhaps part of my problem is that I took that "box" out of the cupboard on Friday evening. I took it to Girls Night and shared some of it with 4 friends. When I got home it was late, so I left the box on the counter. BIG MISTAKE. Because what could have been stopped on Friday night lingered on into the weekend.

So now it is Monday morning and I have a serious sugar hangover: a headache, lethargy and general icky-ness. I might as well add this "sugar problem" with all the other maladies of being in your mid-30's. Now, suddenly, even though I have managed to consume large amounts of chocolate for most of my life, I get "chocolate sickness" that lasts for 24-48 hours if I eat too much...Now that I think about it... Maybe that's the problem. But with me it's usually all or nothing. ( Note to self: can chocolate be eaten in moderate quantities?)

And on top of it all, my face will look awful in the next few days because suddenly with "30" came the 15 year old acne.

Have a mentioned that when I have a sugar hangover I also have a great attitude?

0 comments: