Friday, September 09, 2011

Crochet Candy Corn Garland



So excited to share this with you. 

This little Garland was quick to stitch up and it makes me happy. I hope you enjoy it too!

~~~

Get your H-hook (5.0mm) and any worsted weight yarn. I used cotton (Peaches and Cream is what I used) but I think any worsted would do.

With white yarn, Ch 4, sl st in first chain to make ring, 

Row 1: ch3, 2 dc into ring.

Row 2: Ch 3, turn, 2 dc (in the space between ch3 and 1st dc in row 1), ch 1, 3 dc (in space between 1st and second dc in row 1). Finish off.

Row 4: Switch yarn (orange) slip stitch to beginning stitch. Ch 3, 2 dc in first dc space), 3 dbl in ch 1 space, 2 dc in last dc space.

Row 5: Ch 3. turn, dc in first dc space, *3 dc in next space* 3 times, dc in last space.

Row 6: Ch 3, turn, dc in first dc sp, *3 dc in next space* 3 times, 2 dc in last dc space. Finish off.

Row 7: Switch Yarn to yellow w/ sl st in last stitch. Ch 3, *dc in each space* 4 times, dc in last dc space.

Row 8: Ch 2, hdc in next dc space, 2 hdc ineach space* 4 times, hdc in last space. Finish off.

Make as many candy corns according to your desired garland length.


Banner Chain: 


Chain 10 -12 (+/-), depending on your preference for end-ties. Slip stitch to first stitch on top of candy corn.  Sl st in each stitch across corn. I put 5 chains between each corn. Continue until all corn is added to banner. Chain 10-12 for end tie. Cut off or tuck in any end strings and find a happy place to hang.

Here is a very poor hand drawn pattern, that I hope makes it easier for those of you who (like me) are visual learners! If you cannot see the picture better by clicking on it and downloading, please send me an email and I will happily email you a .pdf file of the picture instead!

If you have any questions please let me know! And if you make one I would LOVE to see it!

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

I keep saying I want to learn to knit or crochet... this garland just sealed the deal. Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!! Wish I could crochet just so I could make this!!

The Lord Family said...

This is SO CUTE!!
please teach me the ways of the crochet...

Andrea said...

Love this! So adorable!