Monday, February 28, 2011

Parenting a Teenager: Can't Get Away With Anything

Sitting down this morning to discuss the school agenda for the week, I informed the kids of their assignments.

We began with highlights of the history assignments, going over geography and timelines. I explained that this week they will continue to study Ancient Greece, reminding them that they should take note of the prominent character of the times, such as Hippocrates, Pythagorus, Socrates, and Plato.

I made note that there wasn't a ton of reading (of the text) this week and told them they would need to "look up men on the internet."

To which the 13 year-old replied, "Uh, mom, don't you think that's a little inappropriate."

It's going to be a long week.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

hahahahaha!

Living it with you.

:)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I think your boy and my boy would get along spledidly. Mine has mastered the art of sarcasm, back-talk, and argumentative debate. I bite my tongue a LOT, and my husband is is teaching my son the wisdom of doing the same. Some days are tough...

His Girl said...

*nodding head, giggling, and feelin' your pain*

Kim said...

laughing my head off! That is hilarious!