Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Flowers and Birthdays and Yarn. (Oh My!)

Last week The Girl turned eleven. In my absence several people went out of their way to make the day special. That gorgeous tulip was brought by her BBF (British Best Friend). Actually it was a bouquet of tulips. I am determined to figure out a crochet pattern for this flower...look how amazing it is with all its purple-y, yellowish love.

Speaking of crochet...Yesterday I promised to show you a hat I was commissioned (doesn't that sound fancy!) to make:
This is the Daffodil side....

And this is a (not so good) shot of the Orchid.

You really don't know how long I deliberated over which flowers to place on this hat... as if the whole world depended on it. But I think these are nice and springy and I cannot wait to see a certain Twinkie Girl wearing it.

Also, are you sitting down?

I know some of you have been waiting ever-so-patiently for a certain Tea Cosy Tutorial. Tomorrow is your lucky day! I am finishing up the flower making, photo taking, and pattern baking (it was the only -ing word I could think of) and it will be up by tomorrow. I am so excited to share this with you!

There have been a few of you who have asked if I will have some tea cozy's to sell... At the moment, I'm  only taking custom orders. So if you want something made, email me! I have two crochet orders in the cue right now, and they will be finished by the end of the week. I'm trying to fund a trip to NYC so now is the time to order! ;)

Last, but certainly not least...here is my Girl celebrating 11 wonderful years!

Love. This. Child.

7 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE the hat! Andrew actually has the flu :( so we are not going to be at the game. So when Randy gets home tonight....I may call and see if I can run by and pick it up!THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to The Girl! Love the hat!!

Blue Skies said...

I just want to give her a squeeze! How did our little babies get so grown up and beautiful so fast? I wish she and my beautiful girl could hang out together still. I know they'd have fun.

Tracey said...

Awesome hat!

Can't wait for the tea cozy tutorial!

Precious baby girl..I mean, gorgeous preteen!

Sara said...

So happy to hear your mother is doing well now! I also had to tell you that I shared the tea cozy pattern with my good British friend here in Brussels and she began crocheting away in no time! She is moving houses over the next few weeks, but I'm sure she will finish it soon. I will send you a pic of her completed project!

Deidre said...

Aww ... she's beautiful!!

I love the hat. So pretty and springy. I want Spring!

Gretchen said...

I love our girl!!!!!! Happy belated 11th!

Lurve the hat. All sides.