Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Woof. Woof.


Today has been a great day.


This morning I went shopping for a bra, with my mother, for the first time since the 6th grade. It wasn't all that different.  Back then we shopped in the training bra section at K-mart. Today I shopped in the training bra section of a Designer Lingerie Boutique.  

The owner of this boutique is my cousin, Katrina. It was neat to see her store because she started talking about wanting to open a boutique years ago. She has worked hard and her efforts have not been for nothing. The boutique has a very clean, but warm, spa like feel to it.We had a great time.

Anyway, while we were in the boutique I ran into an old friend! I had forgotten how much I missed her. It was so great to see her and I look forward to catching up with her soon over lunch.

Before we arrived at the boutique, I really wanted to run into Anthropologie.

I don't remember if I mentioned that I broke my favorite coffee cup a few months ago and needed wanted a new one. You see, I have several coffee cups that go with my everyday flatware. But they only hold about 6 oz. of liquid goodness. 

I am not sure I have ever mentioned this on the old blog before but, The CoffeeGal is not a delicate coffee drinker. I need a mug with a little depth. Something big, but not ridiculous, if you know what I mean. 

I have had my eye on the 'K' cup in recent weeks, but Anthropologie is a 45 minute drive in town. I couldn't justify spending 10 dollars on gasoline to buy a six dollar mug.  Anyway, I can't wait to have coffee in the morning!

My Mom was in desperate need for new shoes. Literally. I am not talking "desperate need" that I live in from day-to-day. I am talking, she needed shoes, in a way that the word need is meant to be used.  She is weeks away from walking on her own two feet again. She ruptured her achilles tendon 5 months ago, so shoe shopping hasn't really been on her list of priorities. She needed some good supportive shoes. Pronto! So we found our way to the shoe store.

A lady named Jane helped us with our shoe "needs". She was a hilarious british women who had me laughing within seconds of walking in the door.  

Jane mentioned that she was the manager, and had sold shoes for the last 20 years, with the exception of a few years back when she quit for about two weeks, to sell bras. She said that she could handle working with peoples feet, but that when she had to sell bra's by  "being forced to go into the cubicle, with the client, and then asking them to 'bend over and shake'", she just couldn't cope. 

We laughed, and told Jane that we understood, since we had just been bra shopping. 

Only, I felt a little gipped, cause Katrina hadn't asked me to do that.  

Anyway, Jane went back to the shoe business. We're glad she did. She said something profound. I knew I had to tell y'all...

She said, "Once a shoe dog, Always a shoe dog."  

Isn't that beautiful? I totally get that! It's so very, very true....

While Jane was assisting my Mom I looked around and found these.

They were calling to me like a lost child. I couldn't leave without them. So I didn't.

To add to my List of Awesome Things That Happened Today:

  • Getting a phone call from a loved one informing me that that medical "lump" they found wasn't anything to worry over! Amen! and AMEN!!!
  • Finding Tyler Coffee. It's rumored to be the best coffee around, and was even in the VIP gift bags for the Golden Globe and Oscar Awards. 
  • Spending some time with my mom. Even though she got to shake, and I didn't.
La Vida Dulce!


3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

The "bend and shake" had me in stictches. That is SO funny, and I'm sorry you missed out on all that fun!

Cute shoes. Cute mug too! I must find that coffee for my husband to try sometime...he's quite the coffee snob.

Your day sounds really fun. I'm thankful you had a good one!

Anonymous said...

Finally catching up on the BAZILLION blogs I've missed. Sounds like a fun day! How's the coffee?

The Buntens said...

I remember having to bend and shake and thought the bra fitter was a nut. But, I did leave with 4 new bras in a different size and they actually did feel better.

Sounds like a fun day. I need to do more of that with my mom.