Friday, April 04, 2008

Wild Friday Night

The Mister will not be home for dinner tonight.


While I will miss him, I also look forward to preparing a complete, three step, gourmet meal. I will be preparing an amazing dinner that is saved for those nights when my hard working husband isn't home (although every once in a blue moon this dish will find it's way to our table.)

It's a secret, ancient, recipe. But I am going to share it with y'all. Because I like you. But it's just between you and me, and the World Wide Web.

Tonight I look forward to:

Cereal Night.

I'll even do something I wouldn't normally do: I will make different entree's for each individual. Just like it's a restaurant.  The Boy will, no doubt, want Rice Chex.  The Girl? She enjoys Grape Nuts.  

Personally, I don't stray far from my childhood roots. Cheerios are perfect for me. I might just really go hog wild, and slice up a banana and throw it in the bowl.

This is my kind of dinner.  Two ingredients, two minutes of time (three if you count the banana), and clean up is "rinse and rack" (to the dishwasher).  

What's not to love?

After that amazing culinary experience The Girl and I are going to watch an old Mary Kate and Ashley movie called Passport to Paris.  She is obsessed with Paris right now.  Not as in 'Hilton', but as in the city in France.  

The Boy will humor us by watching a silly 'girl' movie, since his Dad won't be home to play video games with him, but I am sure that they will make up for lost time later in the weekend!

That's what I am doing for my wild Friday Night. What about yours?




5 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Papa Murphy is making pizza for us. I thought about a movie for the kids, but Abbey got Enchanted for her birthday, and we haven't watched it together as a family, so that's what we're doing.

My daughters both love to check out the MaryKate and Ashley movies from our library, and I'm pretty sure that we've seen Passport to Paris. Also certain that I paid a lovely fine for not returning it on time. :)

Hope your weekend is lovely!

Lara said...

Went to half price books of course!

meh said...

Our "wild Friday night" consisted of a game of monopoly before a goumet meal of ham and cheese eggs and then followed up by Alvin and the Chipmunks! Someone please slow us down!!! (: Actually, isn't it such a blessing to enjoy the simple pleasures of life with our kids?! Keeps us all low maintenance, I think.

Becky said...

After sending the 18 year old off to billybobs to listen to one of his favorite country artist(yes there were parents going) and reminding the newly 16 year old her curfew was 9pm and dropping the 14 year old off at the church for his last middle school adventure weekend my hubby and i went to the movie tavern where you can have dinner and a movie at the same time :) to celebrate our 22 years together........

Anonymous said...

It's only Sunday and I can't even remember what we did Friday. It was just that memorable.

And I'm amazed your daughter likes Grape Nuts. Yuck!