Monday, November 09, 2009

An Open Letter To My Sweet Readers

Dear La Vida Dulce Gals, (and turtle-lover, Imnotned),

I'm certain that above all readers in the blog-world, you are the best.

Thank you for speaking up and making some sweet noise here on the old blog.

It did this LVCG heart good.

I cannot tell you how much I love blogging. It brings the world of writing and friendship into one little space on the net...its a small part of my life that carries a big piece of my heart.

I do have a confession to make, one that most the bloggers reading this page will already know:

I'm not always on the generous end when it comes to comments.

Shocking, I know.

Mostly its my desire to say something meaningful, funny, timely, or (most importantly) original. I think words are important...be it Twitter, Facebook, blogging, or in person. They can build up or tear down.

I've wielded the power of words both ways...often unintentionally. The written word (especially in comments or emails) can be tricky. I am often reminded of the song, "Be careful little mouth what you speak...."

So, at the risk of sounding needy and comment hungry, I wanted to silence the crickets last week because I enjoy hearing from you. I could have checked my Sitemeter to see what the numbers are, but y'all, at La Vida Dulce, you are more than a number.

Thank you for hearing...and responding!

It meant so very much.

Your bloggy-friend,

5 comments:

Amber said...

Words are very important!!

And I always look forward to reading yours!!

Have a great day!! And a great cup of coffee!!

lisa@littlesliceoflife said...

We all need some affirmation every now and then. I always say that getting a comment is like getting a pat on the head and a "Good job!"

So, good job, LVDG!!

Anonymous said...

aww your welcome.. so if you want something original.. I will tell you a little story you will appreciate.. or at least I think you will. I pulled in the garage today and was about to get out of the car when on the shelves just outside my car a mouse ran down and onto the floor. I screamed (I was still in the car with the door closed). I backed out and parked in the driveway and went in the front door! Tim will have to put some traps in the garage I guess :-P

Gretchen said...

Lurve you, girlfriend! And your words have carried me so very often.

Carpool Queen said...

Snort - see, we ARE obvervant readers, hence the LVDG from Lisa Slice O' Life.

Heart you.

Few words, lots o' love.