Monday, December 03, 2007

Project # 2 - Completed!

All righty! The project is done. I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to hang it because with the candy inside it's quite heavy! Of course the first night of December we were at my parents house helping them decorate their tree, we got home late, and promptly forgot the advent calendar! We are back on track now! I just have to figure out what I am going to do with the counter top where that awful fake garland is sitting. I hauled it out in hopes for a good picture. It has seen better days, it may be time for new and improved garland! We shall see.

Today I went to Costco. That should tell you right there how my day has been. May I just say to the lovely Costco people, and the powers that make this city be: One Costco + 1 million people! = a very unpleasant Costco experience!!!!!!

Goodness, the old (but really fit) ladies that shop during the day here will take-you-out in a heart beat over bulk toilet paper. They will knock you down with the cart, Hit and Run style. Normally, when I go to Costco I put a smile on my face, use my best manners, and try to kill everybody with kindness while they push and shove and ram their carts up my @*%. I'm telling the absolute truth.

I used to love going to Costco. It would make me feel so Privileged American to walk into a store where I could buy coffee filters by the 300's. When I got my first Costco card I thought I was all that and a Venti Double Shot Vanilla Latte, Extra Foam. Who needs anything else when you have a Costco card, right? (Well, that and some credit at Starbucks, but I digress...)

I never understood why my Dad really disliked going there to shop. Now I know why. It sucks all the joy out of shopping when a million other people all are vying for the deals.

I have the bruises to prove it.

But, it's the Christmas Season, and I have my industrialized Cheerios and 8 gallons of milk (yes, 8); and we have an Advent calender that promotes eating a piece of chocolate every night while reading about the Truth of Christmas, so really? I cannot complain.

La Vida Dulce!

1 comments:

spaghettipie said...

Looks awesome! Where do I place my order? Do you think I could rip the pages of our advent devotional out of the book and fold them up small enough to fit in each pocket?