Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Recap - Part I

We had an excellent celebration this week. It was great to be here with family and not have to drive for 3 days to get here! Here is a recap in pictures. Since my family has always celebrated on Christmas Eve, and The Mister's on Christmas Day, I'll post in two parts:

Christmas Eve:
The scene: Christmas lights on; tamales cooking in kitchen; children saying "When is Santa coming? When is the party starting? When do we get to open presents?" for the 80 bagillionth time.

While we waited for Santa's arrival....

We played.

We Danced...

Well, most of us...

Finally, right on schedule, Old Saint Nick came to call...

We laughed.....

We cried...

And Santa asked me, as he does every year, if I have been a good girl.
Of course, I am always a very good girl.

The only bummer this year was that The Boy had a fever of 101 and felt pretty miserable.
To add insult to injury we asked him, a ten year old, to sit on Santa's lap for a picture.


And finally, we opened gifts.
Also, there was A LOT of tamale eating. I meant to take a picture, but I accidentally ate them before I remembered to take a picture.

La Vida Dulce!

Stay tuned for Part 2 - Christmas Day!

2 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

I love that Santa came to visit!! :-)

C D said...

I didn't realize Santa would be there *in the flesh!!* Very Cool!!!