Friday, December 07, 2007

I Know This Isn't a Craft Blog, But....

I have been in a total Crafty-Zone. I love taking 2 yards of material and turning it into something fun. I developed a love of aprons several years ago.

Why do I love aprons? An apron signifies everything I love about being a home maker. They represent hard work, baking, femininity, hospitality, etc.

I started making aprons a while ago, you may remember this post. Then I found the tutorial for D-ring aprons and made those before Thanksgiving. I then decided I might try my hand at a gathered waist (which scared me in the past). In my head I was picturing an apron for entertaining; An apron that one could wear while throwing a party or something festive.

I took out my scraps. You'll remember that old Ralph Lauren duvet cover I made into this and this. I also had a bridesmaid dress I wore to Mr & Mrs. Moofish's Wedding (13 years ago!). It was a satin dress in a beautiful creamy caramel/gold color. This week I took scissors to it and used both fabrics to try this tutorial. I tweaked a few things (to make it fully reversible) and it came together like magic; much better than I picture in my head. I realized that this apron (in the last picture below) was going to be really cute, and when I finished I realized I had just made my gift for the eldest Moofish Child.

Of course, it was so cute I decided Jasmine Cat would need one too. So I made another one (a bit smaller) and monogrammed it.

Of course, I wanted one! Something in Christmas colors. (Can i tell you a secret? The Christmas Apron I really wanted was this one, but for $85 I think I might have to figure out how to make it myself.) The one pictured below is actually another Christmas gift, but I have another one in que that is Just For ME! I'll post pics when it's done.


I really wanted you to see how it ties in the back, because the girl in me, likes a Big Ole' Bow, but I wasn't about to take a picture of my rear and post it for all the world to see...so here it is on a tacky hanger.



Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Megan O. said...

I love how you describe why you love aprons. I've never been an apron girl (just never really thought about it) but I think you've just turned me on to them!

spaghettipie said...

Look at you go, Ms Crafty. You might like this site if you need more ideas.

Unknown said...

Thanks Spaghetti!

Three Fold Cord said...

I found you through LPM and I just love what you said.
I also love your aprons and would like to buy one from you!!!! I just told my mom that I needed a cute good apron and yours is the best yet.

Unknown said...

Wow! Three fold! That is very flattering!

I will hop on over to your blog and we can chat!

Anonymous said...

MORE apron goodness!