Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Random Thoughts from a Scattered Brain

Yesterday was a long day...and I can't imagine how long it felt for my dad and brothers.

My mom made it through surgery and now begins the process of recovery.

I spoke to my dad around 7am this morning and (as of that time) she was still on a ventilator and needed a unit of blood overnight, but was otherwise doing the same. I'm praying that she will perk up this morning so she can get off the vent and get going on her recovery.

In between constant chain-praying, I have been scrambling to prepare my family for my not being here next week. Which means I have been shopping and tying up loose ends. Thankfully my sweet friend Becky gave me this portable list-keeper, and I have used that thing like crazy this week! (see pic below)

-I've kept my self occupied this week with gallons of hot coffee, a little bit of crochet, endless list making and a basketball game or two. I was also very grateful for the little bit of happiness  that happened yesterday as I was in the Target.

I had forgotten that its that wonderful time of year when York Peppermint Patties are made Valentine style.

I don't know what it is about this candy, but I love me a mint. And when that mint happens to be heart shaped and light pink inside...well, that's just a little bit of perfection for this sappy soul.

Its the little things, you know?

- I was also grateful for a quick cup of tea with a friend, and hearing from friends and family throughout the day.

- Today is busy, and I am trying not to freak out that my iPad is suddenly refusing to turn on...so I think I'll log off and try to get to the Apple store speedy quick...

- The Girl has been flipping through my new Cookie cookbook (Thank you Tracy V!) and is insistent that we make the Chocolate Whoopie Cookies pictured on page 418. I bought the ingredients, and then came home and read the nutritional content, which was a bad idea...turns out Chocolate Whoopie cookies have over 630 calories per cookie, and you don't even want to know how much fat. I kind of wish I didn't know.

So that's it...random thoughts from a scattered brain.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for the surgery going well! Now praying for her to get of the ventilator and start recovering! Good luck getting everything done before you leave!

Gretchen said...

Still praying for your mom!

Pink Peppermint Patties??? Must find some.
I love a mint, too!

Deidre said...

Peppermint Patties are my FAVORITE candy. Love them.

Still praying for you Mom (and you!).

Sara said...

Wow! I will be praying for your mom and your family. I'm sure that little heart bunting would add a little joy to her hospital room. xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Scattered Brain - I've not been around in a while, so I've missed my daily cup over here. Travel safely. Thinking of you. And looking forward to being around more often.