Monday, January 24, 2011

Ticker Trouble

Its been quiet here on the blog as I have been focused on thoughts elsewhere. 


We've had an adventure and it will continue on through the coming weeks.

If you are inclined to prayer, I would love you to lift up my mom and dad (Karen and Fil.)


My mom found out last week that she will need open-heart surgery. 

Through a series of events this surgery will most likely happened sooner than originally scheduled.
We are still awaiting news on the specifics. The good news is that at the moment she is in a top-rate hospital; she is in a really good place.

I am scheduled (based on original surgery dates) to fly out on Saturday, so in the meantime I am planning and cooking and cleaning and preparing things so The Mister can hold-the-fort while I'm away. Its likely the blog will be quiet this week...but I'll update through the comments on this post for those who have asked to be in-the-know.  


I know she is going to pull through like a champ, but I also know that she appreciates all who are praying on her behalf. 

xoxo

16 comments:

June Gardens said...

Oh, honey. I know everything will be okay, but it's a nerve-wracking time. Your mom is in my thoughts.

Natalie said...

I'll keep your mom in my prayers.

Rachel said...

Prayers for your mom, Kellie!
Ps 46:1

Gretchen said...

Standing firm. Xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Praying for your Mom, Dad and your family! Keep me posted!

Such The Spot said...

Your mom, your dad, and all the rest of the family will stay in my prayers, Kellie.

And I'd be happy to drop a freezer-friendly meal by their house if that would be helpful. Just say the word...(and an address might help, too).

Deidre said...

I am praying, Kellie! Just wrote all of you down on my prayer list so I'll remember. Keep us posted.

Andrea said...

I am lifting your mom up in prayer!

Dana said...

Praying for your family and for safe travel for you! Keep us updated, please.

Unknown said...

Surgery scheduled for Tuesday (1/25) around 10:30a Mountain time. Thanks All!

Sandy said...

Praying for her tonight to have a good sleep & peace from the Savior. And for tomorrow's surgery!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm so glad you get to go and be with her later this week, Kellie. Praying for you...

Kim said...

Kellie-
Please keep me posted. I will pray for you, your mom, your dad, and your hubbie and kiddos while you are away. If I (or Randy) can help at all with the kids, school, meals, errands....please let me know.
Kim

O Mom said...

According to your comment update, as I type she is surgery...
Heavenly Father may your healing hands be right there with the surgeons hands.

LJ said...

I'm praying for your mom and dad. Please keep me posted too. Love you sweet friend!

Lori said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's surgery. Praying for a speedy recovery and that your time with her went (or is going!) well.