Thursday, January 06, 2011

Work(s) in Progress

I was gonna wait until tomorrow to post this topic, but I'm so excited to tell you... I can't wait.

Last week I mentioned I was going to try my hand at a little glass pendant making.

Well, I think I'm getting the hang of it...

Birds and flowers and newness of spring are my favorite. I love pretty paper, vintage art, and shiny things.

Bob Ross had Happy Little Trees, and these happy little crafts are making my week.
Here's a secret: These pendants are already spoken for, but I may or may not be hosting a giveaway this weekend here on the blog...so tell your friends, and come back tomorrow afternoon with your comments ready.

In fabric news, a have a new attachment (actually is was a quilting-set of four) for my sewing machine so I thought I would make a quilted spring-colored table runner for my dining room. This may take awhile...mostly because I don't have a pattern - I'm kind of making things up as i go - But also cuz im fairly convinced that quilting isn't one of my gifts. It makes me cuss.
You can see the quilt pieces beneath the yarn.

On the needles I've started a tea-pot cozy from a Crochet With Raymonds pattern (a blogger I originally found on Tangled Happy - which is a GREAT compilation blog on yarn-craft).

To be honest, I like knitting but it isn't my favorite yarn craft (I only cuss when purling.)

However, I'm going to love making the flowers for the top. I'm going to look at it like a marathon...knitting is the running 26-miles part, but crocheting the flowers will be the pasta feast before the race is finished.

I'm so grateful that spring, summer and fall come after winter. Those are my three favorite months.

Winter is...well... winter; pretty in its own right but so ding-dang frigid. The way I figure, when it's so cold outside that even your teapot needs to dress warm, she might as well be adorned in cheery attire.

That's the plan for this month - to surround myself with spring-type make-ables until the temps rise to at least 65 degrees. Then it will be time to tend the garden again...







Ah, the garden...now that is my favorite thing...but let's not count the tomatoes before they hatch.

Don't forget to stop by (and tell a friend!) tomorrow afternoon to see what I'm giving away!

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

LOVE those necklaces! How did you make them?

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!! I am very excited!! Love, Marie

The Chubby Dove said...

Congrats on your new venture. They're so pretty!
Yes, a giveaway...great idea!

Unknown said...

I am totally in love with your tea cosy and being British I feel like my teapot should be leading the way in tea cosy fashion..please, please please can I commission you to make one for me ?

Deena said...

You are so crafty! I love to scrapbook, but I've never ventured into sewing, knitting, quilting or jewelry making. Maybe I should give it a try! I love the pendants. They are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oo love all of these crafty projects! Love the fabric! I might have to try my hand at croqueting again sometime.. I tried to learn once and never found the rhythm.

Kim said...

Wow! You are so talented!

Sandy said...

LOVE the quilt fabric!!!

Sara said...

I love the pendants! I may have to put in an order if you could send it with Elisa when they come in March. Also, the tea pot cover is amazing!! I'm going to show it to my British friend who, obviously, loves tea and also likes to knit. TAke care!

Unknown said...

Allison,

I would make a tea cozy just based on the fact that you spell cozy with an "s"...Love that! ;)

I'll make you a deal. We'll talk this afternoon.