Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happiest New Year To You!

It's here.

The time of new beginnings.

Some of you may know that I managed to spend my last week of 2010 with a stomach flu that laid me out.

Laid. Me. Out.

Nobody likes a complainer, least of all me, so I'll just tell you that I am thankful for good health...and the ability to keep down a cup of coffee.

I started out the New Year with a trip to the market to fill the pantry with food (the cupboard was reduced to a scrappy box of stale saltines and a couple cans of fruit cocktail. I have no idea what my family ate last week while I was sequestered up stairs, but they're all here and no worse for the wear, so I guess they didn't starve!) and "managed" to carry my weary self out to the craft store. It was a hardship, I can tell you.

All jokes aside, if you want a miraculous cure from what ails you, head to the craft store for the after-Christmas sales...I'm just sayin'.

Oh! I completely forgot to tell you that I got a cordless hot glue gun from my mom and dad, and if you want to see someone insanely happy...well, here you go:



Insanely. Happy.

But that's not what I came here to tell you today...Where was I? Oh, yeah, craft store...I had to go...to get proper glue sticks for the glue gun (who has yet to be named...cuz y'all know she'll have a name.)

I wanted to try my hand at a little pendant making. So I bought some supplies:



I'll let you know how it goes!

2010 has been a wonderful year. Full of so many good things, and the things that weren't so good brought growth and change that were worth the challenges.

New beginnings...sometimes I didn't even know what they were until I had the privilege to look back.

Sometimes it's better that way.

So there you have it, a very rambly post on this first day of 2011.

New Year blessing to you!

PS: I don't have to borrow my favorite baking book from the library anymore...time to make cookie dough stains in a copy of my own! (thanks mom!)





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun gifts you received! Glad your feeling better!

stephanie j. said...

Happy New Year! I'm so sorry you caught such an awful bug. Have fun with your glue gun!

Tracey said...

So glad you are feeling better! Happy, Happy New Year!

The Buntens said...

Happy New Year, Kellie! Sorry to hear you were sick. :( So glad you are better! :)

Amber said...

I have some 'splainin' to do.

I've been a total slacker in the blog department, so I'm not even going to pretend that I'm going to catch up.

Just starting from scratch...
Right here...
Cordless glue gun and all...

And I must say...you are just as cute as ever.... Nothing has changed in the 5,683 months I've been vacant.

Happy New Year!!

Deidre said...

Glad you're feeling better.

I had no idea there was such a thing as a cordless hot glue gun. I feel enlightened :)

Happy New Year!