Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Dinner Tonight?

We eat a lot of chicken.

My kids call it boring.

I call it consistent.

There is one recipe they don't complain about, and I love it because its quick, easy and tasty. Its a favorite winter meal.

So, I'm gonna share.

Lets call it  Kellie's Consistent Chicken

Uh, never mind, call it what you want...especially since there's a good chance I found this on someone's blog five years ago....if its your recipe, you can call it: Kellie's Chicken Recipe She Stole Off the Internet
please let me know, and I'll be happy to give you credit! ;)

Here is what you need:

1 Box stuffing (I use Stove Top in Chicken or Turkey)
1 apple
a handful of broken walnuts
olive oil
3-4 chicken breasts
Onion Powder
Pepper
Salt
White Wine (opt.)

Once I tried to go all Haute Couture Cuisine and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top...I thought it would add a lovely element of flavor to the palate. The Eaters in this house went mutinous. They hold very strongly to the cinnamon-belongs-in-baked-goods-only principle. C'est la vie!

Cook your stuffing according to package. I usually substitute 1/4 - 1/2 bottle cup white wine for the water.

Place stuffing in a baking dish sprayed with baking spray.


Take chicken breasts and place on stuffing.

Sprinkle chicks with salt, onion and pepper.

Slice apple.

Place sliced apple on chicks.

Sprinkle Walnuts on top.

Drizzle with Olive Oil.

Place in an oven at 375 for 35 minutes.

I meant to take a picture of the finished product, but we ate it.

Serve, and watch those around you talk about what a great cook you are (even your husband, who doesn't like "mixed" food.)

I usually serve this with a green veggie (green beans/snap peas) or a side salad. Never usually both.

Happy Eating!

PS: If you happen to subscribe to Cooking Light, this months recipe is DEVOTED to chicken....my kids will so happy.

6 comments:

Tracey said...

It's what for supper! Thanks for helping a friend out :D

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious and quick.. so.. I will certainly be making it in the future!

Sandy said...

I want to try this one! My hubby will eat anything (except he really doesn't care for Chicken Pot Pie, which I love, but it's just as well since it is calorie laden). I don't think I'll do the cinnamon either.

Tracey said...

EVERYONE loved it! Thanks so much!!

Carpool Queen said...

This may be dinner. It's 5:17 and I've got NOTHING planned.

Deena said...

I'll have to try this one. I think my people would enjoy it.