Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Virginia is for Bloggers


Last week I had the pleasure of meeting two bloggers while I was visiting in Virginia.

Now you get to meet them too.

On the left is Jolanthe of No Ordinary Moments. In the middle is Lindsey of Bytes of Memory . And that girl to the right is yours truly...in case you didn't recognize me without my cup of coffee.

If you haven't had the pleasure of a Meet-In-Real-Life (or MIRL, if you will) you might not know the butterflies that accompany the excitement.

I mean, afterall, I was only going to meet two (not-so) complete strangers from the internet

And to add a little excitement we all had our families in tow, bringing the combined total to a party of 10. 

3-to-7 adult to kid ratio. 

And you know what? 

It was awesome!

Once we got all our kids loaded up with burgers, hot dogs, and fries we fell into comfortable conversation. 

I was so glad when The Boy took my camera and started snapping photos:


Unfortunately we didn't get one of sweet Sammy! So you'll have to hop over to Lindsey's blog to see him (he's the handsome blue-eyed boy on the banner). Speaking of blue eyes...Lindsey has stunning blue eyes....

The kids all got along swimmingly, but after awhile all seven kids were itching to move, so we moved the party to a great park right down the road.



The girls, who took to each other like ducks to water, all sat down to watch a home-video of Penny the Bunny. 

I am always amazed when I meet bloggers whom I have read for awhile. Its so fun because you already know a framework of who they are, so its easy to just fall into conversation. Like old friends you haven't seen in awhile, but when your together its like no time has passed.

I was sad to go so soon. I wanted to ask them both a million more questions and chat for just a little bit more. I am hopeful we'll get to visit again!

Thanks J & L, for being willing to meet and have lunch! Let's do it again soon!

14 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Where were you in Virginia!? That's awesome y'all got to meet. I'm so bummed we didn't get to hook up when I was down there.

Jolanthe said...

awww!! Can't wait to show the pictures to the girls!

I'm sure I'm going to get a million questions ~ like, when can we see them again??? :)

Carpool Queen said...

Fun times, Kel! I love making friendships over french fries.

Melissa said...

Oh, I missed out on the VA MIRL? Shucks...

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun Kellie! Thanks for the super fun day :-)

Anonymous said...

And were those 5 Guys Burger and Fries burgers and fries?

I'm glad you had such a great time!!

Kristy K said...

I'm stopping over from Lindsay's blog. That's so cool that you got to meet! I found your blog a while ago when reading June's blog. You are quite the blogger-meeter-upper :).

Amber said...

Know what?
I can't wait for our MIRL. But my boys are going to be wild and nutty...and not nearly as well-behaved. But it'll be guaranteed to be memorable. :)

Now...just to get that on the schedule, huh??? One day, my friend. One day.

Jen said...

Fun! Y'all are so cute, and you make cute kidlets as well!

Such The Spot said...

You're just a regular bloggy social butterfly aren't you? Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

So fun for you, and the kids, too!

Sandy said...

What fun!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Fun! And Five Guys? My FAVE!!!

Gretchen said...

How did I get so behind on your blog? 50 lashes with a wet noodle.

What fun you had! I think I found a 5 Guys in WA. It's right by an outlet mall. You better come with me to check it out.

Love the kid's-eye-view of pictures.