Monday, April 19, 2010

All I Really Want To Do

I have a secret.

I really want to tell you how I joined a gym last week and its one of the happiest things I've done for myself all year.

I really want to tell you about how beautiful my garden is, and how colorful the iris and azaleas are outside.

I really want to tell you how much I love the man I have the privilege to call The Mister.

I really want to tell you about some big homeschool changes I think I am going to make for next year.

I really want to show you the new toy the kids have in the back yard.

I really want to talk about the movie I saw this weekend,and then sit down and catch up on all your posts from the weekend (if you're a blogger**).

But I can't...

...and that's not even my secret.

The secret is that I have been making a habit of not cleaning in unseen places....namely the entire upstairs.

I have packages to mail, and English to teach and phone calls to make.

And I have to scrub the master bath room...with a months worth of elbow grease....gross, I know.

BUT! I promise to tell you all those things this week.

And maybe even show you how clean my upstairs is?

Nah, probably not that. We have to keep some things secret, right?

Now its your turn, what would rather tell me in order to not do something else that you need to do? If you don't have anything, because you are on schedule (or never get behind) than make something up. **Oh, and if you're not a blogger, why not? Come join the I-don't-want-to-clean-my-upstairs club!

Happy Monday!

16 comments:

Gretchen said...

My secret place is my craft area, which, unfortunately is also MY mister's office. And I'd rather sew than clean it. In fact I have some napkins to make. So I better get at those. ;-)

Andrea said...

I want to tell you all about the progress going on with my book but my dryer buzzer is screaming at me and my child wants me to look over his math worksheet...Ahhhh the life of a mother, wife and homeschool teacher;-)

Rebecca said...

My school closet...It's a terrible mess...

Anonymous said...

oo man.. I am in the I feel so behind and completely overwhelmed phase. I need to get my act together so I can have the house spotless for Sammy's birthday weekend. I also need to work on all of the stuff I have planned for his party.. The only reason anything is planned is because I am at the office today.. and for once don't have a ton of work to do! whew.. I feel a little better.. and can't wait to get home tonight and tackle a the master bedroom since I can keep that relatively clean until Saturday :-P

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I would love to tell you that I cleaned my entire house this weekend. but I didn't.

And I would love to tell you that I just finished working out. But I didn't.

But I WILL tell you that today I am going to spend some time with my little guy. And maybe he will help me get some stuff done :)

Jen said...

I'd love to tell you about how God is up to some pretty amazing things in our family's life...but I can't tell you until I take a nap and clean our house that looks like we belong on the show "Hoarders--Buried Alive".

Brandy said...

I want to go learn some new songs on my guitar, and clean off the top of my bookshelf, and make my desk photo worthy so I can finally post a picture of it. I also just inherited several fun pieces of antiqu-ey furniture that I would like to restore, but my garage really needs a deep de-cluttering first, and I actually need to write a proposal today for a project I need to do for money. Oh, and lets not even talk about how my hair looks right now, after I went to bed with it wet.

Manic Monday indeed.

Such The Spot said...

I, for one, can't wait to hear about all of the above...

Hmmm. What would I want to tell you? Maybe that we followed your lead and planted a little garden of our own in the backyard. Can't wait until it starts producing some yummy-yums!

Lori said...

Love this post! I really want to tell you that I have a clean, pretty heart and that I never have unkind thoughts. But I don't, so I won't. :) Looking forward to hearing more!

Sandy said...

I would have to tell you that your upstairs couldn't compare with my upstairs... I just don't GO upstairs, so I don't have to think about it! And now all I want to do is be outside!!!

2cats said...

I would like to tell you that my house is spotless and doesn't ever get messy, but that would not be correct.
What I will tell you is that there is a dead mouse on my front steps. I am waiting for my husband to remove it. Which I hope is soon. Very. It has been there all day. One of the feral cats left it for us as a thank you.

Tracey said...

With the older set end-of-year testing, I spent the majority of my day...wait for it...

CLEANING THE UPSTAIRS!

It.was.and.still.is.gross.

Candace said...

Wow. Where to begin? My husband's shirts that have been overflowing in the laundry basket, waiting to be de-wrinkled for... months? Or the stacks of paperwork to catch up on at work? Or the closets that need cleaning out and the shoes that need organizing (you would never believe it unless you saw it).

But alas... I have a huge pregnant belly that is making me tired. I think I'll just call it a night. I'm a champion at procrastination. Why should tonight be any different?

Happy cleaning, though! It sure feels good when you get it all done!!!!

O Mom said...

I should be preparing some last minute things for the girls' school lesson tomorrow, but I am catching up on blogs right this second instead......sshhh please don't tell!
:)

Carpool Queen said...

I am wasting time this very second when I should be cleaning. I'll get to it eventually. I have to. People are coming over.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather do almost ANYTHING than what I need to do. And I think I have. Which is why I'm in the mess (literally) that I'm in now.