Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Feeling Blue

Robin's Egg Blue to be exact.



Last week was such a nice time of rest.


With The Mister home we did some school, some building:



 (OK, The Mister did all the building, but I made sure he was well stocked in Mt. Dew!),

Some hiking:


Some cleaning, some reading, and some playing.

Not too much.

But not too little.

We took advantage of the warmer days to check out a new hiking trail (we have many within a 10 mile radius of our house). The river in many places was frozen. But the sky was blue and the sun was warm.


We had a picnic, and the kids played with ice.


Unfortunately, The Mister had to go back to work.

In the hopes of making this day go quickly until he comes home, we have a busy day planned.

I plan to have my shelves primed, painted, dried and ready for move-in by this evening.


Life is good.

I always have a hard time after vacation is over, but today I am grateful...and amazingly rested after some good family time.


What are you up to this week?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful "unproductive" (as far as the to do list) weekend. So now I am getting my to do list done :-)

Amber said...

We're still in the bowels of the Great Remodel.

But I feel so incredibly blessed.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that color of blue!!

really.truly said...

Book shelves.....one of my favorite things.

Painting them blue? Beautiful!

Carpool Queen said...

I'd like to say I'm back in the swing of things, but we're still nursing sick ones at home.

Theoretically that means my house should be spotless, but, sadly, no.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I love that shade of blue... as long as it doesn't verge on UNC Tarheel blue :)

That hiking trail looks so much like one that's near MY house! There's also a spot on the water near my trail that is the perfect spot for a little mid-hike meditation.

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Candace said...

Oh, to be hiking this week...

**Sigh**

Unfortunately, my big goal for the week is to get some laundry done.

Exciting, huh? ;)

Sandy M. said...

Glad you had a great time! Loved the pictures & that color blue is so pretty.

Tiffani said...

DEFINITELY enjoying this beautiful warm weather...we started a running club with our homeschool group so we've been logging some miles this week...

Taking a very "Charlotte Mason" approach to school this week and doing some things differently, that's nice.

I have that same paint sample to potentially paint my kitchen that color and I also have "Granny Smith Apple".

So, there you have it...thanks for asking! ;)

Gretchen said...

Choir tonight. Worship team tomorrow. Those are both so fun. Getting away to Whidbey on Fri & Sat (home Sat night) w/my local bestie. Despite laundry & cleaning, looks to be a fun week.

Glad you enjoyed your time w/the Mister. Can't wait to see those shelves!

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Can't wait to see your shelves! I am living vicariously through your painting!

Such The Spot said...

Did you see my post about my laundry room redo? I painted a small wall in there a vibrant blue, mermaid lagoon I think it was. Anyway it turned out beautiful. I'm a big fan of adding big splashes of colors in small ways.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Excited to see the finished project!!!

Your week sounds like it was lovely. I want one of those!

Anonymous said...

I painted the laundry room in our house-that-we-actually-still-own-but-don't-get-to-live-in robin's egg blue. I figured I needed a happy, motivational color for that room.