Friday, January 29, 2010

Sassy

I know that y'all have just been pining away wondering if I really cut my hair super short.

I did. And I love it. The pic above was from yesterday. I can never get my hair to do what my hairapist can do, so this is what it looked like today.

Still love it.

Here's the back. The poofiness make it look longer than it is. It's short, she had to use the buzzer on my neck! Or maybe I've just always had a hairy neck.

Quick! Let's change the subject.

This afternoon I walked into the school room to see these two reading about the Wright Brothers. Kona the Wondermutt has her chin on the top of the book. Every time The Girl needed to turn a page, Kona would graciously left her head up.

The Girl thinks its because Kona is such a sweet and smart dog (which could be true), but I'm sure the bowl of Nilla Wafer's The Girl is snacking on makes Kona act smarter.

Do you see the way The Girl is sitting? She sits this way all the time. So much so, that she has a little rough patch on the bottom of her chin that gets red and is peeling. I'm trying to break her of the habit but she says she's comfortable.

That Lego magazine in the bottom right corner is magic. It appears on nearly every floor of every room (or bathroom counter) in this house. If I pick it up once a day (or ask someone else to), I pick it up fifteen times. I'm tempted to throw it away, but both kids look through it several times a day. I'm pretty sure they've got it memorized.

On a different note, we are preparing for the big winter storm this weekend, and just between me and you, I hope it snows A LOT.

My kids have never seen A LOT of snow. It would be fun this one time, since its on a weekend and The Mister could be here too.  Its always more fun when he's here. He's such a much better snowman maker and be-out-in-the-cold parent than I am. And I make better cookies when he's home.

Secretly, I hope that we get snowed in all weekend and we have to just read and be inside and drink hot beverages and play games.

Come one snow...I'm waiting.

Happy Friday!

28 comments:

The Chubby Dove said...

Cute hair, Kellie!

Also looking forward to the snow, however we just went to get some sleds and they were sold out. :-(

Lara said...

Love the new haircut...like the way you did it better than the hairapist!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

LOVE the haircut!!! You're so cute.

So, two things:

1. My dog would NEVER allow a bowl of vanilla wafers to go untouched. Grief, that beagle of ours will pull a cereal bowl off the table if you walk away for a minute. Kona is a-MAZING.

2. My hair was pretty short this fall and when my stylist was shaving my neck, she clipped my favorite necklace in half. She offered to pay for it but I never let her. My husband's last haircut was free though. Note: Remove your necklace (if you really like it) next time she shaves your hairy neck. Ha. ;)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

PS--I'm NOT behind on your blog this week. YAY!

Tiffani said...

snow?! really?~

hmm. wonder if it's coming here too!? (check the weather, tiff)

LOVE your hair cut!

Sugar seems to very "interested" around here too when Nillas are involved.

O Mom said...

So cute you are.
And so is that dog!!!!!
I think you guys stole all our snow this year. We usually get tons, and have gotten almost NONE this year. Enjoy!

Kristin said...

Lovin' the hairdo! It IS sassy, you go girl!
I did my shopping this morning. Went around trying to find warm gloves, of course there are NONE to be found in any store :( I've got beef stew simmering on the stove in anticipation...... i just want the snow to be gone for Monday morning!!! :)

Amber said...

Lovin' the haircut. You and I are kinda twinkies! :)

And my kid sits the EXACT same way. Only he does weird stuff and somehow whips his shoulder over there, too, and then sucks on his skin and gives himself hickies. SO WEIRD. But he, too, says he's comfy.

Hope you get your snow!!

His Girl said...

love the haircut, the photos, and the 'quick! change the subject!' line.

we are sisters, indeed!

xo

Erin said...

From one NC girl to another...I hope we get snowed in all weekend too!!! Just a few more hours :-)

By the way, LOVE the new hair-doo! It is similar to mine and my favorite thing about it is that it is super-low maintenance!


Have fun!!!
Erin

Deidre said...

It's snowing here now and I'm praying for a lot of it.

Your hair looks so cute! I love it.

Have a great weekend!

Woman Interrupted said...

Its super cute! Sassy, for sure. A short cut like that enticed me to buy a sedu flat iron...best 100 bucks I ever spent!

Stay warm!

Carrie B said...

The haircut rocks!

I love a good weekend snow storm! Hope you get it.

Have a great one. :)

Charity said...

Cute haircut!
I'm hoping for lots of snow too...enough that school gets cancelled on Monday!! :)
Have a good weekend.

Cathy said...

Love your new cut! I DO have a love of the short styles. I'm one of those that cuts it short, grows it out, cuts it short, grows it out, etc....you get the pic.

Hey, today at my blog I stole your "I love" idea from yesterday. Hope you don't mind! I gave you props.

Gretchen said...

It's SNOWING!!!!! Yipeee!!!

Love your new doooo. Very chic!

Elizabeth said...

Your hair is adorable and exactly what I've been wanting. I might take your picture with me to the salon!

I used to sit that same way and my mom hated it. I still sit with one of my legs pulled up, sometimes even when I'm driving. It is comfortable!

Our snow is piling up. I hope yours is too! Enjoy the weekend!

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I love your new cut- I like the way you styled it better than how your hairapist did!

That cracks me up that your daughter has a rough patch on her chin... Probably doesn't crack you up too much, but I think it's cute. And it must be awfully comfy!

Lori said...

Super, super cute hair! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! Super cute! So its snowing here.. you getting some?

Tracey said...

Love the haircut! Enjoy the snow and hot beverage...I'm freezer cooking today in between dressing and undressing my youngest in her snow gear.

Jackie said...

Oh my word - LOVE the hair, Kellie! Seriously - I think I am going to take a pic of the back of your hair into my hairdresser next time and say, "THIS is what I want." My last haircut was a disaster - but this looks perfect!

Michele said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new do!!! It is definitely a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Hair is so cute and so you. I wish I could get the back of mine to be that smooth and shiny.

I sat like that. Still do. She's obviously destined for greatness.

Gretchen said...

"but I'm sure the bowl of Nilla Wafer's The Girl is snacking on makes Kona act smarter". Our dogs have the same amazing intelligence. :)

Can't wait to meet The Girl and learn a new way in which to sit.

I'm trying to get D involved in some pet therapy bc one of the programs is called Reading with Rover. Uh-huh. It allows those kids who have difficulty learning to read sit with and "read to" a loving canine listener. The speech therapist in me swoons over this. I hope we can make it a reality w/our retriever.

really.truly said...

very cute haircut!

Amy said...

Great new 'do!

The Buntens said...

LOVE your hair!!!