Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Big Reveal: My New Office



I'm all moved (back)!!

That old book shelf (actually, a TV center that I turned on its side or more space!) is out and the bookshelves, made by The Mister are in:


For those who Twitter with me, you know that I was second guessing my choice of bright blue.

No regrets now.


I love how they look with both the yellow walls and the red stained desk and shelves.


The paintings above  the shelves were done by my children and will be framed soon.

Above the desk will be my favorite print given to me by the daughter of this artist .

She gave it to me as a goodbye gift when we moved from Texas, five years ago. At the time, I didn't have the funds to have it matted and framed, so as we speak this is being framed:




I swiped this pic from the net...I wish it was better because L. Carter Holman's art is way more vibrant, rich, and beautiful, than the colors of this photo!

Since this room was originally purposed to be a formal living room (I had the door installed) there isn't any storage. I'm gonna make space under the work table by making a very long table skirt using this fabric:


I may switch the ironing board and shelf to the other side of the room and move the treadmill and elliptical to the other side...



... but for now, this will work. I do hope to eventually find a different lamp than that old one on the shelf. Actually I need to get more than one lamp, at night this room is fairly dark!

I have room for all my sewing and embroidery stuff, a desk for the kids to do thier math assignments, a place to sit and watch movies with The Girl on Friday nights, and enough space to work out (or when I am working on big projects!).

I moved the table from the east wall to the south, so that when I am sewing, I can have a nice view of the front yard:

 This table is often used as a place to fold laundry while I watch the news or a movie so I like that its directly across from the desk:

I LOVE my new space. I think I'll log off and go make something!

Happy Weekend!

26 comments:

Amy said...

Love your space!!! The blue turned out to be a fantastic choice! Great job!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!! I think I could even learn how to craft in that space! With the right teacher, of course! ;)

I'll bet Clinton is loving his new space.

Tiffani said...

Oh my gracious...this makes me wanna jump in to a room and get to remodelin' and makin' over!!!

It's beautiful, Kellie! I love the organization and the color of the bookshelves is SO perfect.

I know you're proud of your workspace!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

It looks GREAT, Kellie. I'm going to tackle a sewing project today and I'd don't have a cozy space that inspires creativity. Makes it all the harder to get into it! Wish you were my neighbor so I could bring my stuff over and craft with you. And eat your homemade bread. And drink coffee/tea/whateveryou'rehavingthese days together.

Have a great Saturday!

Gretchen said...

Luurrrrrve. Oh,how I lurve it. You will have so much fun in your robin's-egg-blue-shelved nest!

And so will I.

Squeal.

Tanya (In the Dailies) said...

So great!!!

My husband just walked by and asked what I was smiling about.

"My friend just re-did her officey-craft room. It's so pretty! Look."

I went on to talk about how I love the bright colors and organization and that you coordinate your threads by color spectrum just like I do.

His response: "I wonder how long it will stay like that."

If only I were more tidy, he might have more faith in my friends. :)

Rae said...

I am blue with envy! :)

The Lord Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Can you come to my house (seriously!) and help me redefine my space?

I'm not joking.

His Girl said...

what a lovely space! I can totally picture you in it, creating away!

now, if i just could picture ME in it!!!

Unknown said...

Your new space looks great. I love the colors. Don't you just love an organized space? Your room shows off your creative gifts...with your thread, fabric, and sewing machine displayed so nicely. God gifted you in that area and I love that you use your gifting with such grace.

Have fun enjoying your new space!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful new office!! Love the colors.. they all came together :-) I hope you made something fun!

Kendra said...

Love it! What a nice big space! Makes me want to sew something, too!

O Mom said...

So cute! Love the combo of colors, and I like the old lamp, it kinda ties in the yellow from the walls to the blue.......

Cathy said...

NICELY done!!!

The blue is PERFECT. Can I come hang in your nest?:)

Kristin said...

Wow, awesome! What a great sapce!

Tracey said...

How wonderful! More than the space, I love the fact that you know enough about you to know that YOU need to create...and have created a space to do just that. YAY!

OK, so how was coffee yesterday?? I thought about y'all...as I was watching a biography on Paul Revere :(.

Have a restful Sunday!

Sandy M. said...

It looks beautiful! Those are my favorite decorating colors. The blue bookshelves turned out REALLY pretty!!!
And we even got a glimpse of Clinton!!

The Chubby Dove said...

What a sweet little room!

And I love the blue. Great choice!

Carpool Queen said...

I'm glad I love you so much to hide all the feelings of jealousy.

Lisa said...

What a lovely space to get away and hide! I LOVE it!

Elizabeth said...

It's gorgeous-a perfect place for all your amazing creations!

Vanessa said...

I love it!

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I love it!

And the blue? It's perfect!

Amber said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

It's perfect.

I could so find my crafting mojo in that room!!!! :)

meh said...

The shelves are wonderful! The room somehow achieves cozy AND spacious! Good job!

Such The Spot said...

Oh that's so nice for you Kellie! It looks so spacious and organized. Enjoy it!