Thursday, January 28, 2010

Things I Love

The kids are asleep.

I have about four posts that are half-written, but I know the kids will wake up and be ready for school before I can finish...so while I sit here and eat my Cheerios, with banana and walnuts, lets just chat.

Speaking of Cheerios...they saved my life during my first pregnancy. Well, at least in the first trimester. I literally ate Cheerios breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Love me some Cheerios.

Speaking of things I love...I'm seeing my hairapist today. I will definitely get my roots done, but I'm also probably going to go super-short. I tend to do this a lot. Cut it short, grow it long. Sit in-between for awhile.

Love me some hairapy.

I've GOT to run to the store this morning before all of North Carolinians gets there. Apparently, starting tomorrow, we're gonna have weather around-these-here-parts. There is nothing that makes a southern women more concerned than not being able to provide the four basic food groups to her family, while the world puts on an ice show. So I will certainly be going to the store to get coffee, creamer, hot cocoa, and flour. (To be sure that we can have biscuits, or scones, or cookies to eat with our hot beverages.)

Love me some hot beverages.

I got up this morning and had a great conversation with my dear friend and running partner. We both woke up feeling not-so-ready-to-run-in-the-early-morning-cold, but we did, and it was worth it. The conversation was encouraging, the exercise was invigorating, and her friendship is precious to me.

Love me some happy endorphins shared with a friend.


Speaking of friends, I have one coming to visit me in just 19 days and 3 hours. Not that I'm counting or anything. 


Love me some sweet visitors.

When I visited her last summer on Whidbey Island, WA, we saw huge eagles nests and the Puget Sound  while sitting in her back yard.


I can't wait to show her the beautiful North Carolina piney woods in my back yard, especially since its winter and there are absolutely no leaves on the tree's. It will be easier to see the gigantic squirrels nests we have in our tree tops. However, the daffodil bulbs are already starting to push themselves out of the ground, and I can't wait to show her.

I love me some new life springing from a hard and frozen ground...the promise that spring will come. It will come.

All right, its your turn, what do you love?

18 comments:

Candace said...

Too funny- this pregnant momma had a bowl of cheerios just this morning.

I love me some fun blogging. :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Ah, I love all those things too, Kellie!!!

I had hairapy on Tuesday. I had an appt for two weeks from Tuesday but they had a cancellation and called ME! I was so jazzed b/c I have a wedding to go to this weekend!

Hey, I DID NOT know Gretchen was heading your way. SO jealous. Hope you guys have fun, fun, fun!!!

Stay warm this weekend!

Amy said...

I love seeing a stocked pantry and fridge before a weather event! I still remember the surprise snowstorm in 2000 that kept us home for a week.

LJ said...

Hairapy doen't work for me. I look "poofy" for a day and then its back to "flat city" for me. I love me some friends blogs!

Anonymous said...

So, did you do it? Did you get it cut short? I want to see!!

I lived on Total Raisin Bran when I was pregnant. The nutritionist at work said it had all the nutrients/vitamins so I obeyed and ate. A lot. Kind of figured B would come out looking like a flake. Or a raisin.

Love your loves.

And I love you.

Cathy said...

Need me some hairapy.

Need me some Gretchen-time.

Need me some hot beverages...preferably with cookies.

Need me some endorphins.

Love me some wonderful friends who have brought us dinners this week while we're TRYING to all get better. They.are.a.blessing.

Kristin said...

I love these beautiful 60 degree winter days! And this morning I was thinking that I love the sun that streams in at just the right spot to shine on my face while I shower. And I also heart Dove dark chocolate!

Kendra said...

Chocolate Cheerios. 'Nuff said.

Erica said...

I love a friend who can not only speak with encouragement and wisdom, but who does it with such grace! Thanks lady, just what I needed today. I have a lot to chew on and think about. Thanks for the insight!

The Chubby Dove said...

I had Cheerios this morning, too. The multi grain kind.

You must post pics of your short hair. I wish I was as brave. It always looks so cute on someone else.

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I love clicking on a great blog and finding a post that makes me smile.

Love me some La Vida Dulce :-)

Sandy said...

I love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

oo love cherrios and hot beverages.. I am at work drinking caramel drizzle coffee and one of my co-workers brought in doughnuts! We are suppose to get some weather also.. like 4 inches.. we will see what we actually get!

Carpool Queen said...

I love to slice a banana in my plain cheerios.

And I love that you can just chop your hair without agonizing.

Hillcrest Cottage said...

Just did the inclement weather food groups for my house:
velveeta
rotel
chips

Gretchen said...

Sure hope I get to meet Gretchen-of-the-west-coast. You know, east meets west kind of thing ;)

Tiffani said...

I love bananas in my cereal but adding walnuts?! that would be bliss!

I hope your beverage includes a certain schnapps (which I want that recipe)

I just wish upon wishing that I could get up to NC to see you! Especially with Gretchen coming! I could make y'all grits!!

I feel so excited that you are getting to show her "our" south!

I love YOU!

Gretchen said...

This post brings tears to my eyes because I'm just that kind of sap, and really, really cannot wait to see you. TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!!
And i lurve your hair!