Thursday, August 12, 2010

Throwback Thursday: CoffeeGal Beginnings

Last night I had the privilege to keep the three youngest children of a friend of mine.

I had always dreamed of having at least 6 children...before I had two of my own and realized how much work they are.

However the three kids I kept last night were no work at all. Of course, I did very little since my kids entertained them most the evening.

When I added up there ages 2, 5, 7, 10, and 12 (including mine), I looked at The Mister and said, "You know we could have had all these kids."

And he looked at me like he was glad he was "fixed".

Anyway, in lieu of a post where I actually have to think (since as a mother of five I made homemade chocolate chip muffins, which I would totally do all the time if I was a mother of five) I am going to give you an old Polaroid of the youthful CoffeeGal:



Here I am circa 1976-ish, writing, in a handmade sundress (my Aunt made), and my ballet shoes....See, nothing has changed... I still love to write, wear handmade goods, and have a flair for the arts.

5 comments:

His Girl said...

okay... a) YOU ARE THE CUTEST THING EVER
b) love that the photo is so YOU
and
c) love this line: (since as a mother of five I made homemade chocolate chip muffins, which I would totally do all the time if I was a mother of five)

Jenster said...

I always wanted four kids. Until after the second we realized how convenient two kids are in a hotel room situation. I love the idea of a house full of kids, though. The idea. :)

You are so cute - then AND now!

Anonymous said...

You go girl.. mother of 5! Making muffins.. whew! Could you be any cuter then or now? nope you couldn't!

Tracey said...

What a cutie!

Maybe I would make chocolate chip muffins all the time if I had five...since there's only four, they had to settle for frozen pizza this evening. ;)

Have a great weekend..missed 'seeing' you this past week!

Carpool Queen said...

Love it!!!