Mark this day on your calendar.
I have nothing to say...
I think today may be an excellent day for Random Thoughts from Kellie's Brain.
1. I didn't clean my pantry yesterday. I did this instead....
(details to come)
2. Whenever I walk out of Costco my kids roll their eyes at me.
Glad you asked! When you push your cart full of super-sized bulk items to that nice lady who scribbles on your receipt, you'll pass some kiosk-like displays for tires, trips and flooring. You will see this picture:
When I lived in Texas I went to church and did ministry with the gal in this picture. She is in every Costco I have ever been in - Michigan, Arizona, Texas and North Carolina, just to name a few. Every time we pass the picture I'll look at my kids and say, "Say hello to Sami!"* and the eyes start rolling.
So if you see her (picture), say hello... May those around you roll their eyes.
*Names have changed to protect those who don't know I am writing about them.
3. I'm trying a new recipe this week for Turkey burgers. It calls for pureed roasted eggplant. I'm not going to tell my peeps.
Of course, The Mister may read this before the burgers are served. In that case, I love you honey. And I'll serve a nice cold beer with the burger and you'll never know the difference...I hope.
4. Kona the Wonder-mutt is getting on my last nerve these days. Not only did she steal an entire stick of butter off the counter (that was softening for a zuchinni bread recipe)yesterday, but she also took a peanut butter sandwich off of the table while we weren't looking and happily gobbled it up. I assumed that she would have bathroom issues after all that grease and fat. But she's been fine. I had no idea when I rescued her eight years ago from the perils of the pound that I was adopting a goat.
5. I'm shivering. Its 125 bagillion degrees outside (with 200% humidity) and I am sitting here shivering?
All right, I'm done being random.
Now its your turn, tell me something random about you, and if you're a lurker, I'd love to hear from you!
How's that for random?