Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cool, Rainy Day

Guess who's wearing her tan corduroy pants and pink feathery slippers?

I have been working my little fingers to the bone trying to get projects done. If the blogging is a bit slower this month it will be because I need that hour (or two) to accomplish things around here.

On Monday I had all these little pieces of paper cut out to make paper ornaments to give away at an event for my Mom's business. Today I finally completed 24 paper flower ornaments.

Well, they still need a ribbon for hanging but that's easy! I wish I could get a picture that shows how sparkle-y they really are!

Glitter is good.
I still have 10 more I want to get done for teachers gifts, but those can hold off until....
...the Advent Calendar is completed. Seeing as how December 1st is in two days and I still have 10 pockets left to make, i figure this is next on the priority list. The good news is this project is very easy after you get the pieces cut out. And the simple, repetitive sewing is kind of peaceful-like. I had to put it down for about a week due to the ornament deadline and because I ran out of red embroidery thread. But as soon as I can get the glitter and glue off my hands I will pick up it back up.

On Saturday, after the Advent Calendar is hung on the mantle with care I will tackle this.....


...my sewing corner is full of material waiting to be made into stuff. I had a few things on order from J Caroline Creative which arrived last night (goodness that UPS guy works late!), so now I can get that finished and wrapped before I start on the next thing.

OH! But you know what makes all this seasonal activity SO! MUCH! BETTER!?

I found something wonderful on the Internet last week. Taste of Texas Coffee's
from H.E.B. For those of you not in on the Texas jive, this means that Kellie at La Vida Dulce is one happy gal!

When I found the website I ordered Taste of Austin to be delivered right to my door without pestering my sweet suppliers (Jen with one N, Lara, Becky, and Jane). I looked high and low to see if there might be the slightest chance that La Vida Dulce was back on the menu. It's not, but Taste of Austin comes pretty darn close. So I bought a bunch. Just like I did on December 31, 1999. Everyone was storing water, plastic sheeting and duct tape in preparation for Y2K. I stocked up on Central Market (HEB) tortillas, Rosarita refried beans, and La Vida Dulce coffee. 'Cuz if we were gonna be shut up in our homes with fear of anthrax I wanted to be prepared.

Anyway, I was so excited to find that I could order coffee online and actually share it with people this Christmas (instead of rationing like I usually do).....cause, friends, if we drink it I'll buy more!!!

7 comments:

Blue Skies said...

You are simply fabulous Kellie. I had no idea you are such a craft-y type person. My girls would enjoy making those pretty flower ornaments - do you have directions for that too? Sending a holiday hug.....(((()))))

June Cutoff Cash said...

Now see? I need to be you. YOU could handle a Christmas just making everyone's gifts.

And weren't we holed up afraid our computers would turn off and all the street lights would go haywire? I think we were afraid of anthrax later, post 9/11. Maybe not, tho. It's a blur of paranoia for me.

C D said...

I can say as a first hand recipient of the glitter flower stars that they are extremely fabulous. I want the recipe/directions too!!

And I know what I'm getting you for Christmas!! :D

Crafty Coffee Gal, you!!

And great hostess with the mostess... despite me not winning the chocolate basket. hrmph.

:D
C

Megan O. said...

Wow--Look at you all Martha Stewart-like! I love those flower ornaments. I wish I was more crafty. It just sounds so romantic to sit and make things for Christmas while listening to Christmas music and drinking something hot (for me it would be cider or Chai rather than coffee--can we still be friends?) :)

Unknown said...

We can absolutely be friends! And I would love to be able to take pictures like you!

Lara said...

OKAY I WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS DID NOT RATE A PHONE CALL!!!! CM HAS BEEN OUT OF TASTE OF AUSTIN FOR WEEKS AND I'VE BEEN SUFFERING AND YOU DIDN'T CALL THE MINUTE YOU FOUND THIS? MY WHOLE WORLD HAS JUST BEEN THROUGH INTO DOUBT AND DISILLUSION!

The Buntens said...

Wow - there is so much going on here!

Those paper ornaments rock.

We used to make those ones you are making for friends close by out of old Christmas cards when I was a kid in one of my art classes.


I want to see that advent calendar when it is finished! It sounds very cool.

The bed is PERFECT. Believe me - mine "digs" little spots in his to make it comfy so they get all bent out of shape anyway. Precious!

I might have to order that coffee - sounds delish.

Okay girl - don't go too crazy with all your projects.