Thursday, July 08, 2010

The View From My Umbrella

The heat is on my friends.



We are trying to keep cool by the pool as much as possible.

We are wrapping a full week with an all day swimming championship in Cary, NC on Saturday.

I love the swim season, but it will be nice to not have to be at the pool so early each morning. We are all starting to wear out.

Next week I hope to use an early morning (or two) to go pick blackberries and blueberries.

I also hope to find my cooking mojo again. I love to be in the kitchen but somehow I lost that loving feeling about 6 (or 9) months ago.

Yesterday I made a delicious dinner: Roasted Corn and Tomato tarts with fresh salad. The tomatoes and cucumbers were from my own garden....which was satisfying. As I was preparing dinner I remembered why I love being in my kitchen. I'm ready to spend some time in there in again.

All right....it's time to move from under the umbrella to the water. I hope y'all are staying cool!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

CPQ said...

Don't get too tired of the view! I still need to work on my tan. Some of us aren't as smokin' hot as others.

Anonymous said...

Love the view! Its been hard to cook because its been so HOT here! Lots of grilling :)

Such The Spot said...

Roasted corn and tomato tarts? Makes me wish you still lived just around the bend...