Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

Friends, I am enjoying this week with my man, my kids, and my friends.

I've also been crocheting until late at night and nursing my bum knee, which is getting better (with a lighter training schedule) everyday.

Speaking of training, I had announced that I was thinking of a triathlon in the early fall. I think my body has told me this week that it isn't the season. So this is my official recant.

Maybe someday I will do something like that, and then again, maybe I won't. For now I am grateful to have a healthy body, in all it's many imperfections, that can enjoy the opportunities I have in this day.

This week has been very good, partly because I have been forced to slow down.

I truly am thankful.

I'd love to hear what you are thankful for....

6 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm thankful that I don't have to understand why God asks me to do certain things (or give up certain things).

I'm thankful that my husband didn't drink all the coffee.

I'm thankful that coffee isn't one of the things I've been asked to give up. :D

I'm thankful for you and your blog.

Carpool Queen said...

I'm thankful for slow seasons and busy seasons and that I had the quiet before the storm.

Rebecca said...

Thankful for my family today for many, many reasons...

stephanie j. said...

I am thankful for a safe arrival to Almost by the Atlantic from Almost Mexico, AZ. I'm thankful that our home is convenient to work for Mr. BikeMan, considering the world class traffic here. I'm thankful that I found my crochet and knitting bag amongst the boxes. I'm thankful that my Mac arrived in one piece. I'm thankful for air conditioning...

meh said...

I am thankful for smokehouse flavored almonds and peach tea. I am thankful for my little girlies and my big men. I am thankful for a big fuzzy dog who adores me and puts his head on the computer when I don't pay enough attention to him. I am thankful for friendships!!

Sandy said...

Thankful to know you.
Thankful for my family & living nearby them (very close to some, not too far from the rest).
Thankful for AC in this heat!
Thankful for my DH & that he is getting to take a motorcycle trip w/a buddy.
Thankful for continued healing of my hands, so much that I can do most things w/them now!