Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Links: Get Creative



I didn't know how to play with yarn when I had babies.

So my kids didn't have cute little hats with big flowers.

Isn't that sad?

I'm pretty sure The Boy wouldn't have appreciated it anyway.

That sweet little hat is from this tutorial at Aesthetic Nest, and seriously y'all, the pattern is so quick and easy, I literally made this in less than two hours. If you crochet, go make this one and then find yourself a baby and spare that poor child of being left to live her whole life without a big flowered cap.

If you are hungry, you should try these watermelon cookies, Meredith baked up. I think I am going to assist The Girl in making a batch.

If you need a gift bag, but don't want to fork out the $$$, click here. All you need is some ribbon, glue and a newspaper.

I'm gonna go get my crafty (back) on in my newly organized office. Remember my crazy yarn mess? Well, The Mister bought me more yarn today (he is the most generous enabler I know...oh, and also, he's crazy handsome when he's helping me pick out just the right colors in the yarn isle...but I digress) so I felt motivated to clean up...so I can make more baby hats in clean-office peace.


What colors did I get? Glad you asked....

I got black, chocolate brown, cherry red, robins egg blue, blush (as in pink), a buttery light brown, and Kellyie green.  

Happy Friday!

11 comments:

The Lord Family said...

OK. I stink at crochet and all things yarn related. Can you teach me?
I'm thinking this would be adorable on LuLu...but it would also need to be modified to fit 18 months. Possible?

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Love the cap! So cute. My babies didn't have those either. :-(

You KNOW I'm all over that recycled newspaper bag, don't you? Thanks for sharing that link.

Glad you're having a good week with The Mister. Now go bake some cookies!!! The girls made some "seedless" ones for me and I just polished one off!

Anneliese said...

LOVE the hat! Especially love the additions of the leavesa nd the pearl bead. So darling. Thanks so much for letting me know about your post.

-Anneliese

Anneliese said...

Kellie, I just created a Flickr pool for AestheticNest. Would you consider joining and adding your photo? http://www.flickr.com/groups/1487227@N23/

Charity said...

What a cute little hat..I think I need to learn how to crochet! Especially since I'm pretty sure, if genetics come into play, that our baby girl is going to be bald for a while.. haha :)

stephanie j. said...

I just love that hat! I didn't play with yarn when my girlies were babies either...maybe I could branch out from blankets and start making hats instead :) It'd be cool with a star and no fan/scallop edge for a boy...

Carpool Queen said...

I was going to make Mer's watermelon cookies this afternoon for tea with a friend but she brought over fudge covered brownies with peanut butter mousse.

I, of course, was a gracious recipient and ate two pieces.

Amber said...

I don't knit or crochet. But I think I need to start. Because all that yarn just looks cute and fun.
Or I could just buy a bunch of yarn and sit it around to look at...

Anneliese said...

Kellie, thanks so much for adding this to my Flickr group. It's so gorgeous!

Candace said...

I need two of these caps- one for my bff's newly adopted little girl and one for Anna Grace. But it would have to fit a 5 year old noggin. Possible? Are you selling on Etsy? Because I totally love it.

Amy said...

I didn't have the energy to craft when mine were babies, so they didn't have handmade baby gear either. That hat is adorable!! My husband doesn't have much to say about yarn, except, "What are you going to do with THAT?"