Thursday, March 04, 2010

Hand Bag Secrets

I know I promised a Pan Dulce recipe yesterday, but I had a crazy day and could not post...

Let's just say I had a full day planned, and having a car with a dead battery was a GINOURMOUS hitch in my get-along...

Things worked out, so I won't tell you the part when one of the La Vida Dulce house members threw a fit when she thought she wasn't going to get "her way" on the Wednesday schedule.

I will tell you one thing that hindered that anonymous house member from a full on tantrum: Her knowledge that it is not beautiful when a 37 year old has a hissy-fit.

Lets move on...

Since I won't be posting a bread recipe until later this week, I will tell you that my Australian blogger friend Caz recently tagged me in a What's in Your Hand Bag meme...

I thought this was a bit ironic since The Mister has been complaining a lot recently that my hand bag is not big enough. I admit she is a bit smallish....


This winter I switched to the little sweetie in hopes that I might be more organized than when I carry a big, fashionable suitcase on my shoulder.

You'd've thunk I made a decision to switch homes with the grumbling about the size of my bag.

Apparently I was not the only person in my family using my big honkin' bag to store very-important-things.

I, hadn't switched bags because I really haven't had the time to think about it...and this, ladies, is when the old proverb " Good things come to those who wait." is appropriate.

The Mister announced that he is going to take me shopping for what I can only guess is a handbag with sufficient storage area.  I, however, am thinking something a bit more roomy and in a spring/summer color....any ideas?

(I am going to press my luck and see if I can get a pair of Trail running/hiking shoes out of the evening as well. You know what they say....if you give a mouse a hand bag...)

But back to the What's in Your Hand Bag meme...

Here is what this little bag looks like when you open it:

Here is all that stuff emptied and organized:

As you can see, I don't have nearly enough lip product, or Starbucks gift cards...

-I would never be caught with out my AC Moore or Hancock Fabric (not pictured) discount cards...

-I'm a big time gum chewer and lover of the sugar-free Crystal Ligh candies...

-those Tootsie Roll packages were from a recent trip to the nail salon, where there was a big bowl of mini Tootsie's. I had more than is polite a few...

-that Fender guitar pick is there for emergencies when I play for the kids/people who ask, although I never use a pick...

-receipts, receipts receipts (the one on the top is from the restaurant where the Carolina Blogger Gals met in November)...

-the fortune is from a date-night with The Mister: He took me to PeiWei, during a time when I was feeling very thinky and thoughtful on the topic of "beauty"...( for those who can't see it says: Everything has beauty, but not everybody sees it.)

-the hand cream is a gift from Whidbey Gretchen , and its almost gone ;( ... I always have hand cream of some-sort-or-the-other, I love hand cream about as much as I love the next item on the list....

-and last but not least, the Hand Sanitizer. I NEVER leave home without it. I went to dinner last weekend with the K-Sisters and I used it more than is polite a few times right at the dinner table.

That is what is in my hand bag...can't wait to show you the upgrade!

If you read this, and would like to show the contents of your handbag, or need some blog fodder consider yourself tagged!

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

You so pretty, like model.

I'm all in favor of a man who takes his woman shopping for necessities like the perfect spring/summer bag. For you...Pink, blue, or green, I think. You could go on the wild side and do orange or hot tamale red, but do make sure it's bigger than that little black bag. ;)

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Love the tootsie roll wrappers!!

Carpool Queen said...

Honey, you need to acknowledge your Tootsie Roll problem.

Anonymous said...

I like your cute little purse! And I love the fortune cookie message . . . applies to a photo contest I'm running right now.

Perhaps I'll take the challenge early next week. That's sort of fun. I promise not to clean mine out before...

Amber said...

Your trash pile makes me smile. Because every good and decent woman stores trash in her purse. It's just the good and decent thing to do.

Signed:
Good and Decent in Arkansas

Amy said...

You're like a rock star with that guitar pick for emergencies! Also, what's this AC Moore card???? How have I missed out on that?