Don't you hate it when it feels like a Friday, but its only Tuesday?
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Since I am obviously a bit scattered today, I thought I would just give you Random Thoughts From Kellie's Brain.
Are you scared?
1. Have you seen this video? This guy had his Taylor guitar broken by the luggage handlers at United Airlines. The Airline wouldn't take responsibility so this talented guy wrote a song and posted it on YouTube. Guess what? United responded quickly and now they are all holding hands and singing in three part harmony, but I thought this was so clever.
All four of us have been singing the chorus to this song ad nauseum. Its a very catchy tune.
2. Yesterday was like an emotional roller-coaster day for me. I had the greatest phone conversation with an old friend. We laughed so hard, which I love to do. I am really excited to get to see her in a week or so!
3. On the flip side, my heart is heavy for friend who is really struggling. I hate that she is in a (figurative) desert right now, and yet I know God is working like crazy in her life...there is always hope.
4. I got to see LisaB of Simply His in the produce isle of our local grocery yesterday. I love knowing bloggers in real life! I talked her sweet ears off, but she was patient with me.
6. I am so excited to make the trek to Arizona tomorrow, and yet we are traveling with our pampered pooch, Sophie. I have never traveled with a dog. As a matter of fact, we can just put that on the list of things I thought I would never do....
7. Speaking of lists, I have a lot of things to do that I really need to write down but I keep telling myself I won't forget.
8. I can't wait to drink an eegee when we get to AZ. Trying to explain what this is to someone who hasn't lived in Southern Arizona is hard. It isn't like an icee or a slushy, it's thicker and tastes way better. Here's a picture:
I am not crazy about the sandwiches anymore, but the drinks are the BEST!
9. I'm still not entirely packed, but I'm, obviously, not entirely worried either.
10. I get to have my hair done this afternoon. A little bit of heaven here on earth.
OK....that's more than enough randomness for this day.
Happy Friday Tuesday!