Saturday, January 10, 2009

Your Burning Questions Answered

Good Morning Y'all!


This week went by so quickly!  Or is that just me?  Anyway, I didn't mean to take a blogging break but I did...

So let's get your questions answered!

Michelle at Life with Three asked: 

Would it be off limits to ask about the story behind the tattoo?

Of course not!  It's actually a fun little story.  About six years ago I began to anticipate my eighth wedding anniversary.   One of the ideas I had was to purchase these rings in a matching set for The Mister and I.  At first The Mister said he thought that would be a good idea, but later he came to me and said that he would buy one for me but that he probably wouldn't get one for himself. His excuse was valid. His profession as a Physical Therapist requires lots of work with his hands (and lots of washing) so he preferred not to wear another ring. 

Understanding his dilemma, but not wanting to wear the ring alone, I scrapped the idea.

Just as spring was beginning to bloom we began to make plans to go to Arizona for a visit. The trip landed on our anniversary date, May 13th. 

One night, laying in bed, we were discussing how nice it would be to be vacationing in AZ on our anniversary so we could take advantage of free babysitting at Grannie and Paw's house. As a joke I suggested that in lieu of the rings we should get matching tattoo's of the Song of
Solomon verse.  

To my ABSOLUTE surprise, he agreed, and was actually excited. 

So I did some research and found a tattoo guy in my hometown and on our anniversary we tattooed ourselves with: 

Song of Solomon 2:16 -
My Beloved is mine, and I am his...
(His tattoo, obviously says "I am her's")

So that is how I acquired (what my middle brother refers to as) my Tramp Stamp. For the record, The Mister would like it to be noted that he did NOT get his tattoo on the small of his back. His is on his left arm.  

(About the picture: My "baby" brother Dan, who wears a tattoo himself, stopped by while we got our tats. That is him looking on in the pic.)

The finished project.  (The Mister didn't get the flower symbol either.) 

Jen with 1 "n" (my real-life friend, and fellow shoe afficianado) asks:

Are those black patent leather dansko clogs I saw on your feet in the photo on the last blog post??!!!! 

Yes, Jen with 1 "n", they are!!!  And thank you so much for noticing!!! Although, its totally like you to notice details. Here's the story....

While Trick or Treating with the kids, a woman opened her door and had this huge bowl of all my favorite candy. However I was instantly drawn to the beautiful shiny shoes she was wearing. Of course I complemented her on them and she informed me of their make and model. 

I OBSESSED about these shoes for weeks, calling stores around town to see if they had my very large size shoes in stock. They didn't. Finally, I found them at Nordstroms.  

My mom had given me a nice chunk of change for my birthday. So essentially, they were from my mom. 

Buying these shoes brought me back thirty years to that first pair of black patent leather shoes my mom bought for me at the old department store, Diamonds. Do any of you remember that store?  

It just goes to show that a girl never outgrows her love for shiny shoes.

BTW, if you are interested Dansko is holding a contest for a free pair of shoes.

And last, but certainly not least, meh of Biding My Time asks:

 If you had to, which would you give up: blogging or coffee? Can't wait to hear...and you HAVE to choose one or the other. 

First, I must tell you that meh (and Jen with 1 "n"), are real-life friends who tend to ask me the hardest questions. They are the gals who keep me honest. But really, meh, isn't this question a little harsh? ;)

All jokes aside, of course, I would give up coffee. (Did I just type that?)

If there is one thing I have learned in my life, its that relationships are far more important than any thing. This blog has served as a means to keep up with old friends and establish new friends. I could live without coffee (although I am grateful I don't have to!), but I couldn't live without my peeps (especially those who ask ridiculous questions).

With that said, I guarantee that after a few days of blogging without java you would be throwing coffee beans at me. 

Thanks for playing guys!  Have a great weekend!



10 comments:

Becky in East Texas said...

I love the tattoo story! I have so missed reading your blog, but now I back! :)

Tiffani said...

I'm sending you an email regarding this post ;)!! Don't be afraid...

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

This week DID go by so quickly!! And Andy is addicted to his danskos. Restaurant industry and all.

Lindsay said...

oo such fun questions.. and was totally shocked by your answer to the last one! hehe

Michelle@Life with Three said...

LOVED the tattoo story! I think it's romantic and kind of rebellious at the same time. I'd love to do something like that, but I could never do the pain. I'm such a baby that way. :)

Carrie and Jim said...

It's really neat to read about how these things came into your life. I've missed so much I had to backtrack to see those shoes. Very nice!

jen said...

That was fun! Loved the tatoo story...and those shoes! Looking into them now!

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny that Michelle thought the Tramp Stamp story might be off limits. Like maybe you decided upon your tat in a drunken stupor. Au contraire though! It was a well thought out romantic momento. Very cool.

And who says parents can't be hip? That picture of you mid-tat says otherwise!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love the tattoo story. I'm a HUGE James Avery fan. And though I don't own any Dansko clogs, I obsess over them every time I go to REI. I just seem to be in between sizes. :(

Musings of a Housewife said...

OOOOH, fun tattoo story. And I do love Dansko clogs. They are SO comfy.