Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day!!

The kids and I prayed for a white Christmas since the day we drove into the North Carolinian border.

Imagine my surprise when the snow fell in Arizona over the holiday. 

Had I not known better, I would've thought that maybe the Lord hadn't received our forwarding address...

No, there wasn't a white Christmas in this neck of the woods. 

Still, I didn't stop praying.

This morning I got my answer. A glorious, resounding (although magnificently peaceful)
 answer.


We already have about two inches, with more falling as I type. 

I am sipping piping hot coffee. The kids have come in for some hot chocolate. The Mister is upstairs tucked warmly in bed.  

Later we will all sit and watch history unfold, and pray for our new President. We will give thanks for the privilege of living in a country that is free. 
Its going to be a great day.

I just know it.




9 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I am thrilled for you! Enjoy your cozy day and that beautiful snow!!!

Anonymous said...

You are the second blog I've been to today that is excited about their snow. Enjoy it! It's going to be in the 60's here today :(

Becky in East Texas said...

Wow! Have a great snow day, and keep warm!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy snowfall! I love the picture of you btw.

Tiffani said...

OH Please send it to Georgia!!! My kids were SOOOO hoping this morning!

It's beautiful there! Y'all enjoy!

Lindsay said...

oooo snow.. we got some yesterday.. I sure hope we get some more soon! Looks like a great day to enjoy the snow :-)

Tanya said...

My sis-in-law lives in Wilmington, NC. She was excited about the snow too. Her sons had never seen it before! A real treat for them.

Woman Interrupted said...

It is gorgeous! Hope you guys had fun playing in it.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

That's right -- y'all were getting hit with all that snow! My kids were so disappointed that it missed Georgia. They had predicted some flurries, but we didn't get a single flake.