Monday, January 26, 2009

Awards and Random Bloggy Business

I received a couple of awards over two weeks ago that i wanted to acknowledge.


First Kathalog gave me the Butterfly Award.

Thanks Kathy!

I thought somebody had awarded me another award, but i cannot find it on any of the blogs that I am subscribed to...so I might have imagined it.  But thank you! I did appreciate it! I did!

I am going to be a rule breaker and not pass this on to seven people because I read so many awesome blogs. Having to pick the coolest blogs I read makes me feel like I am picking for the dodge ball team in grade school P.E.  

If I read your blog then you know that I think you are cool, other wise I just wouldn't read!

...if I don't read your blog. Then you either haven't ever commented or I lost you somewhere in the switch between readers.

...if you write a blog at all, I think you are cool.

...because all bloggers are cool. Right?

...can I stop now?

On to other things....

...Do you know how hard it is for me to NOT participate in this quarters Bloggy-Giveaway???

It's KILLING me. 

But I have absolutely nothing handmade to give away. And not a whole lot of time in which to make something. (I have two "baby" projects in the works that must be finished before I start anything else!)

I have participated in almost every Giveaway for the last 18 months!!!!!

Deep breath.

Next time, I will participate. And it will be BIG!  

...I woke up this morning thinking about chocolate chip cookies. 

...I cannot stop thinking about them. I guess I will have to go make a batch.

Oh, one last piece of useless information. I have decided to use the time between 2:30-4:30 as scheduled computer time.

Meaning that I cannot under any circumstance check blogs or email (or respond to them) unless all other things have been done. Unless, its between the time of 2:30-4:30. 

Scheduling things in my day has always helped me to be more efficient, but I have never (consistently) tried to use self-control scheduling with regard to the computer. I am hoping that this will help me to maximize my time on the computer and keep me focused.  

We'll see. 

All righty then, Happy Monday!


12 comments:

Lindsay said...

ooo scheduling computer time.. that would be a tough one.. but I am working on a new schedule for our house.. because this current toddler phase is kicking my butt.. I need structure!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I heart you, Kellie!

Oh, and my hairapy today was wonderful! I'm so happy!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, scheduling computer time... I might have to try this!

The Buntens said...

I need to do that. I am not good at scheduling anything.

Congrats on your award! You deserve it!

Rae said...

Congratulations on your awards! I love your blog, Kellie!! I have cut back my computer time by leaps and bounds. It actually has felt really good to get it under control...now I just need to tackle over areas in my life!

Hope you had some yummy cookies!

jen said...

The chocolate chip cookie thing - me too, Saturday. Almost made them, then pictured them on my hips - not good. Then I managed to forget about them...but now their back. And I might just have to make them tomorrow on account of the fact that it's probably going to be a snow day, and that's what snow days are for. Right?

Anonymous said...

I understand, I'll remember this in the future when I receive an award and I feel overwhelmed with trying to respond to it. (laughing) You handled this eloquently.

Computer time? I'm surprised I'm on here right now - we're still moving

;)

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

That's a good idea! I just got all the toys picked up and dishes done before hopping on here -- a huge accomplishment right?! :)

jen said...

Oh, I said, "their" when I meant, "they're"...maybe I shouldn't be teaching my children at home! (I'll blame it on Monday!)

C D said...

Good luck with the scheduling thing... I keep telling myself I'll only be on for about 30 minutes and then it is almost midnight - AGAIN! yeah, FB has me totally addicted.

It's cooling back down here -- had to turn the heater back up. For awhile it was much too warm for January and I was going to start whining a lot!

x

Deidre said...

Sounds like a great plan to me. I need to schedule my computer time. I 'somewhat' do now, but I could do a better job of it.

meh said...

Oh wow, let us know how that goes with the scheduled computer time!! Good luck with that! (Sincerely and with no sarcasm. Really!)