Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekend Success!

Almost two months ago I got an email from meh's hubby. He was anticipating her birthday and wanted to send her to my house for a visit. It was about three weeks before her finally told her the news!  


You don't know how hard those weeks were for me!

But the weeks went by quickly and now I cannot believe the weekend is already over!

It was a good one though.

Hanging out with my sweet friend meh was just what I needed! It was great to shop and eat and talk. And talk. And talk. 

We also watched old movies. What is more fun than having a friend over and watching Hailey Mills or Katherine Hepburn or Doris Day, while eating popcorn and peanut M&M's?  Nothing!

We really packed this weekend FULL of great things. It's amazing what we accomplished. But the best part is that I feel rested. The weekend was a true retreat. 

It's been a busy 6 weeks for us, and I  needed some down time. I know she did too.

Thanks for coming meh! And thank that man of yours for giving you a birthday gift that was a gift to me too!

PS: Y'all! Look at my hair! It is a humidity mess! In AZ I could skip the flat iron if time was of the essence.  Apparently, that won't be an option here! 

6 comments:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I love catching up with old friends! And I totally know about that humidity and the number it does on a girl's hair!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm thankful you were able to spend time with your friend...and thankful that it was restful for you!

Girl, I know all about humidity and hair...and I love where I live because it's always a good hair day for me. Didn't used to be like that when I lived in the South.

Carrie and Jim said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time. Good friends keep us all sane so I'm glad you have plenty.

Jackie said...

What a sweet time, spending time together with a good friend.

Oh, I feel your pain with the humidity thing...it gets pretty humid in IN where I'm from, and some days it was futile to even attempt the flat iron.

Michele said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time with your friend. I LOVE LOVE LOVE surprises, both getting them and giving them. Glad it was a restful weekend. Oh girl, here in the South that flat iron is a MUST!!!!

Becky said...

wow wish i could could grab a quick lunch with you and meh and catch up. Miss you two young ladies and your kiddies oh and D and the Mister too