Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Burning Rubber

Actually, I am not burning rubber, but the packers who are packing up all nearly finished, and it's just now past 10am. By far, the quickest pack job we've had by far.

Of course when we moved here we got rid of half of what we owned because our house was 500 sq ft. smaller. Why we did that, I'm not sure, especially since we ended up with two completely empty rooms.

I must have been having one of my "cleaning fits".

Anyway, I am not actually at my house right now, but am waiting for the fine people at Discount Tires to replace my two front tires.

Uh, hello? 316 dollars didn't feel so discount, but what's a girl to do? And they aren't burning rubber. And I hate the smell of tires. But I'll stop complaining now.

I am hoping that they will hurry because I have to get home to say goodbye to Willie, our head packer. I hope to blog about him tomorrow because he is a neat guy in his fifties, with amazing talent.

So, that's today's news at the La Vida Household!

I hope you are having a fine Wednesday!

(Can you believe it's September? I went to the Starbucks this morning and they had their Pumpkin Latte posters all over the place! Let the fall begin!)

8 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yummm...I love those pumpkin lattes!

Carrie and Jim said...

Kuddos on the progress you have made. In the words of Rachael Ray "Yum-O" to the Pumpkin Lattes!

Anonymous said...

Bring on the pumpkin!

That was a quick pack job. Way to go Willie!

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered why they called those places DISCOUNT...!

We couldn't believe the water was still there either! It must have been atleast 1 1/2 to 2 weeks since Fay had come!

Blue Skies said...

Happy moving day!! I have only bad thoughts about the last moving truck I experienced and only good thoughts about the next one in my future. I've got you on my prayer list for a great move though. EST, fall leaves, snow, southern food and southern accents...... here she comes!!

stephanie j. said...

Ughhhh. Government packers. Hope all is going smoothly!

I saw those pumpkin latte displays yesterday at S-Bux on B-way. I always look forward to the hot spiced cider (sans caramel - too sweet!)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, pumpkin lattes! I'm with you on that, girl! I constantly have to remind myself of the fat/calorie content so that I don't over-indulge!

I've been reading your blog the past few days and think 2 things: (1) you write a little like Amy Tan or Fannie Flagg - ever think about writing a novel? and (2) you may have inspired me to do my own blog.

Best of luck on the move - even if we will miss you! BTW, Kimber asked about you this morning.

Unknown said...

Though I agree they were more expensive than I like, I love the smell of brand new tires! It must be a guy thing. I guess I will take back my "new tire" cologne.
The Mister