Friday, October 06, 2006

Self Portrait



I was trying a few features on my camera in hopes of being able to take some self-family portraits with my hubby and kids tomorrow.

It's that time of year when I start thinking about one of my most favorite things: Christmas Cards.

I always take a thousand and one pictures of our family between the months of October and November and then agonize on which one to send out. I know, I know. It's ridiculous to agonize over one picture, but for some people it's the only time they see us! So it's important.

This afternoon, while waiting for a batch of oatmeal cookies to come out of the oven, and waiting for the kids to come home from school I had a few moments to play with the camera. I took about four pictures of myself while Kona ( the dog ) looked at me like I was some kind of weird two legged creature.

None of the pictures came out particularly good, but I was playing with this one and I doctored it up a bit. It's amazing what one can do with computer technology. If only I could remove some wrinkles and take care of that wonky eyebrow....

I'll save that for next year...Goodness knows I'll need it!


PS: On a completely different (but much less self-centered) note, the kids and I just finished another book on CD called The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall. Oh! It was so good. Just a very sweet story of a family of four sisters and their adventure in a cottage in the month of August. We finished it this afternoon and I was a bit weepy at the end. I love a good ending and this was perfect. It ends pleasingly and yet you don't want it to end. A perfect combination.
Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Lara said...

LOVE THE PICTURE!!!!

Have almost bought the Penderwicks book at Sams a million times...love the cover! Glad to hear it is good!

Lara said...

Hey I hate to spoil your and Bec's fun...BUT I POSTED!

Lara said...

Ahem....it has almost been a week!