Saturday, October 21, 2006

34



The picture is blurry...Because after 30 years the picture quality tends to fade. This is me and my little brother 30 years ago. Check out my cool shoes. Back in the day, I was always dressed in the latest of fashion. The amazing thing is that my nephew looks EXACTLY like that now.

So I wake up this morning and I have a slight cold, which started two days ago despite having popped more vitamins and herbal remedies known to man. I have to sing a song in 9 short hours and I can't breathe through my nose! And as if to remind me that I woke up this morning closer to my mid-thirties, my body is aching all over. I have tried to keep the grumbling down to a minimum, but honestly, I haven't felt so good. OK I am done now.

There have been highlights to this trip, although I haven't had the time to post as much as I have on other trips. I am not used to keeping my AZ trips down to just one week. It is hard to cram 3 weeks of stuff into 1 and the blogging got cut from the list.

This morning I am going with my Sister-in-law to get pedicures which will be a little bit of heaven. Plus, everybody knows that you sing better when your toes are painted and your heels are nice and soft.

The start of the birthday is good. When I am here I become the residential coffee maker. But I forgot to set it last night and when I got up somebody had done it for me. It's nice when you can wake up on your 34th birthday and be surprised when some one else has made the coffee. As if it was made just for you...and not the houseful of overnight wedding guests (cuz, amazingly, I am not the only coffee drinking house guest staying at my parents house this week!)

So here's to 34.

And those same round cheeks that I still carry with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kellie!
Happy 34 years! Hope it is a good one and you feel better - welcome to the mid-30's! I love you and can't wait to hear more about your trip to AZ!
I love you! Love, Jen

Lara said...

Happy Bday! I hope you sang pretty today! Call me in the morning if you have time.

Lara said...

AAAAAHHHH Olan Mills...boy have they gone down the tubes lately! Dawning of the digital era really did them in! But boy were they king when I was growing up!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cuz- you still look great. ;)

Blue Skies said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Welcome to 34. It's not so bad and now you have a reason why you can't remember how old you are! I seriously have to think about it now. I hope your trip and the wedding have been fabulous.