Monday, November 08, 2010

Thankful: Days 5-8

It's been five days...

After that last post I bet you thought I'd quit blogging too.

I haven't.

I just had a whirlwind weekend that was full and exciting.

But I cannot lie, there was a moment that left me feeling as if a thunder-head had come to rain on my parade.

I had to hold on tightly, lest the wind of fear blow my focus away, and remember the goodness all around me: exciting news from family; birthday celebrations; the tenderness and laughter and encouragement of good friends...

For all these things I am thankful.

So very thankful.

1 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

There is so much good around us, but like you, I can sometimes let the "moments of bad/hard/defeat/etc" steal my joy. I'm glad you held on. I think gratefulness is such a great way to be reminded to fight the things that we know are true.